cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing calculation in sales order with quantity scales UoM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue for pricing calculation in sales order with scales.

My scenario is that, my sales UoM and base UoM is same which is CS (case)

I have maintained CS to Pal ( Case to Pallet) conversion in material master

I want to maintain the scales in Pallet. as if customer purchases 0-5 pallet then price is 10 USD per case, 5-10 pallets then 9 USD per case, 10-20 pallets than 8.5 USD per case and anything above 20 pallets is 8.25 USD per case.

When I try to maintain the scales in this way, and create a sales order with say 10 CS, it considers CS as pallets and gives me 10 pallet pricing which is 9 USD per case.

I have maintained the pricing condition as Scale basis: C ( quantity scale), check value as A ( descending), i tried with scale type A and without it as well. I could not figure out the solution to this. Can anyone help.

Thanks

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Nikhil

The above scenario described by you best suited in TO-Scale Scenerio, I have made a scenerio where 1 Case equal to 24 Bottle and maintained Scales on the basis of Bottles and sold in cases and system is doing exactly what it should do:

Material Master:

In Material Master don't put anything in sale unit.

Now in the condition record

Now condition Details

Now Scales

Now Sale Order

You can see I have made it into CV

Now, at item conditions

You can clearly see that its doing what it should do!

This will resolve your issue!

Regards

Ashish Mishra

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. It was helpful.

I changed my settings for Scales for TO value and checked my results. It still has the same issue.

I compared it with your snapshots and found that when you maintain your scales,

Now Scales

My main requirement is I have to maintain scales by PAL to CS, so if you change your scales to 1 CV --> 5 INR 1 BT

5 CV --> 4.8 INR

10 CV --> 4.6 INR

100 CV --> 4.5 INR

When you create the order, in this case, it will consider 1 CV as 1 BT and take the price based on BT. Can you change this and check on how this works.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil

As per your suggestion I made changes and they are working fine for me

Please check

Now the condition record

Now sale order with 1CV

Sale order with 6 CV

Please check accordingly and update me.

Regards

Ashish Mishra

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for checking this. I still cannot get this corrected. The only difference which i can think of is the condition type setup

Can you compare and let me know if anything is changed.

Thanks

Nikhil Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil

Can you share with me your condition record screen with scales screen...?

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

0 Kudos

Have already shared my condition record details.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

For your information I had followed Ashish Mishra's configuration step by step and it worked fine.

As per my understanding still if your problem is not solve, do deselect "sales unit not var"

Because in the time of testing I had also same problem.

Hope this will help you

Regards

AJC

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil, Ashish,

I am likewise having a very similar issue with pricing scales where the UofM in the sales order is not being considered when working through the UofM on the scales in the pricing condition.

However, in my case, the UofM used in the scales is not defined for the material being priced. Yet the quantity value is used to find the right scale irrespective of UofM and is finding a match.

In my case, the pricing condition is a percentage to be applied to the replacement cost of the material to compute a price to the customer.  My pricing condition (ZTMG) uses a series of condition tables in the access sequence where the keys in these tables define a group of similar materials from a very specific group to a very broadly defined group as the tables are traversed top to bottom in the sequence. 

The UofM in the scales is UNIT (UNT).  Each specific material can have a different number of each’s (EA) in a UNT.  So the percentage applied must be by UNT.

The scales for ZTMG are:

From 0 to 2 UNT = 30%

From 2 to 5 UNT = 25%

From 5 up   UNT = 20%

My test material does not have the alternate UofM of UNT defined.  However, if I create a sales order of 1 EA, it prices using 30% from ZTMG. If I order 4 EA, it prices using 25%. If I order 5 or more EA it prices at 20%.

However, to your issue, if I DO define UNT in the material, such as 1 UNT = 300 EA, then when I create my sales order, I can order in either UNT or EA and get the correct pricing percentage.  So I can order 1 UNT or up to 599 EA and get 30%.  I can order 2, 3, or 4 UNT or from 600 EA up to 1499 EA and get 25% as my pricing percentage, and so on.  On my materials, only the base UofM is defined, in this case, as EA.

My goal is that pricing should not find a valid condition record at all if UNT is not defined for the material. Then the user will have to maintain pricing manually until the material master is updated.

Regards,

Jay

0 Kudos

Thanks guys, the issue is resolved. The issue was that in the base unit of measure in the pricing condition, i maintained Pallets. Once this was done, it worked correctly.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

In your query I have 1 doubt that is 1 pallet= how many cases???

for eg. 1 pallet=10 cases

maintain it in MM01---basic data-- additional data--- unit of measure in both way 1 pallet=10 cases and 10 cases=1 pallet

Now you need to maintain price scale properly in VK11/12 as per you requirement, try to crate a new sales order (if new price is not coming click on "update" in pricing procedure---- carry out new pricing )

Hope this will solve your problem.

Happy to Help You.

AJC

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I have maintained the pricing condition records for this price scales. In addition, i have already maintained the CS to PAL conversion in material master -> additional data.

The UoM conversion is maintained as 1 CS = 1CS ( base unit)

1 PAL = 20 CS

The pricing condition is maintained as

Material -ABC       Amount 10  USD per CS and scales as

0 PAL = 10 USD per case

10 PAL = 9 USD per case

15 PAL = 8.5 USD per case

20 PAL = 8 USD per case

When I enter in the order 10 CS of order, it takes the value as 9 USD. It should have taken the value as 10 USD instead.

In MM01, it will not allow you to maintain the UoM both ways. the screen locks the base unit and only allows you to enter other units. So I have 1 CS = 1 CS, 1 PAL = 20 CS. I cannot add 20 CS =1 PAL

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil ,

System calculates the Unit Price based on the UoM mentioned in the Condition Record. Whereas the net price will be calculated on the UoM mentioned in the Sales Order.

Please check in your document. It should work. Also check with the conversion you have mentioned in the material master.  I have mentioned 1 PAL = 3 CV. Refer the screen shot attached.

Regards

Vinu

0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

I have maintained the pricing condition records for this price scales. In addition, i have already maintained the CS to PAL conversion in material master -> additional data.

The UoM conversion is maintained as 1 CS = 1CS ( base unit)

1 PAL = 20 CS

The pricing condition is maintained as

Material -ABC       Amount 10  USD per CS and scales as

0 PAL = 10 USD per case

10 PAL = 9 USD per case

15 PAL = 8.5 USD per case

20 PAL = 8 USD per case

When I enter in the order 10 CS of order, it takes the value as 9 USD. It should have taken the value as 10 USD instead.

Thanks

Nikhil