cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Not Running on Material After PIR Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning gurus, I have a puzzling question that need assistance on (and if this is not the right place for MRP questions please let me know and I will move this post).

I updated several Purchase Info Records and when MRP ran it did not pick up those changes.

The changes I did were to the Planned Delivery Time (10 days to 1 day).  We run MRP every morning with a Net Change Planning (NETCH).

We were eventually able to get MRP to 'see' those materials and re-plan them by running MRP with a Processing Key of Online Regenerative Planning (NEUPL).

So a few questions come out of this:

So why did MRP pick them up when we ran then with NEUPL and not NETCH?

Was there something else I should have selected in the MRP Run (Scheduling, Planning Mode)?

Is a PIR Planned Delivery Time not an MRP Relevant change?

Thank you for your assistance.

~nic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicholas,

So why did MRP pick them up when we ran then with NEUPL and not NETCH?

This is basic MRP functionality.  MRP will run on ALL plannable materials during NEUPL.  If you run MRP using NETCHG, it will only pick up the materials that have the appropriate Planning File entries.

Planned Delivery time in a Purchase info record is used by MRP when purchase requisitions are created and sourced.  Once the PDT exists in the purchase requisition (or, for that matter, in a Purchase Order), then MRP will continue to use the PDT that exists in the Req or Order, and ignore any updated info in the PIR. 

You can easily determine for yourself if a particular activity changes the Planning file.  Review the planning file entry in MD21, make the change, and then review again.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for info and MD21 transaction DB49.  Also the explanation of of PDT on the Req/Order helped as well.

Thank you

-nic

Answers (0)