Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMAM 3.0 SR3: replicatin a list of partners doesn't work

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following problem. I want to send all availiable partners in a sap system to the MAM client. I did the following things:

1. initial replication of MAM30_050

2. defining server-driven stuff

3. activated "Partner Mgmt Active", "Master Data Create Active", "Master Data Change Active" and "Address Crete Active" for my scenario

4. applied the scenario to my user

Now if I replicate my client, no partners are replicated.

If I create a notification with a partner, this one is replicated with the notification without problems to the client.

What must be configured to get the system only replicating a list of partners?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

I also want to do this with all equipments.

I created variants under "Perform General Settings" on the backend for partners and equipments but nothing happens. No equipments or partners are transfered to the client.

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

The following entry is shown in merep_mon under data for MAM30_050 and also for MAM30_031.

RTN000100000000000000000000SSMEREP_01 176No download data from R/3 found in downloader

Any idea how to get this working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the middleware, just to make sure there are entries for Partner (and other objects), you can go in SE16 --> MEREP_207 and enter all the MAM syncBo's you want to check for information.

For example, if you want to see if there are Partners on the Middleware replicated database, you will have to enter MAM30_050.

If those tables return entries, then at least we know there is data in the RDB...

Hope this helps!

Mathieu Sauvé

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

MEREP_207 contains 4181 entries for MAM30_050

MEREP_207 contains over 10000 entries for MAM30_031

so where's the mistake?

Regards,

Florian

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe the problem lies here:

If I run MAM30_030_GETLIST, MAM30_031_GETLIST or MAM30_050_GETLIST on the backend with my middleware as RFC-destination I receive an exception "SYSTEM_FAILURE". If I run without it, it shows me the amount of entries.

Any idea?

Regrards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

The standard concept of downloading partners to the client is:

When a partner is used in an order, notification, equipment or functional location the partner is downloaded to the client.

This way you guarantee that the client has all the data it needs but not too much. When you have 30 orders with 30 different partners you'll get 30 partners downloaded. This makes sense because in your case and not using the referencing every time you'll delta download every time 10000 partners.

BUT it is possible to download all the clients to your mobile client. Go to transaction merep_pd on the middleware in change mode and for syncbo MAM30_050 deselect the Ref. Filter checkbox (7th column). If you choose F1 for this field you'll get a detailed explanation.

Now remove the MAM30 application from the client using netweaver mobile administrator and reassign it. This will make the new setting work. I tried without reinstall of the MAM30 application but then it won't work.

Now the question is do you want to have your 10000 partners on the client?

Hope this helps,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow! Thank you Jeroen!

It is possible not to have to reload the client, just to "reset" it in the Settings.

It will flush the actual client database and retart a new one from scratch.

Thanks for the help!

Mathieu Sauvé

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jori

1. Compatibility of Mobile Asset management with SAP CRM-Service to track van stock/inventory

2. What are the benefits of MAM and what can it do? (provided the link below but more research to be done)

3. Can we use this in mobile CRM or with ECC only?

4. To make it work with SAP CRM, what need to done?

regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge the only backend supported for MAM is ECC because MAM works on PM service orders and not on CRM service orders. If you want to use the CRM system there is an xapp MSE. Here is an overview of mobile applications in the service area:

Application							Required backed		Now available

xMAM	SAP xAPP Mobile Asset Management			SAP R/3 or mySAP ERP	MAM 3.0
xMAM, Utilities	SAP xAPP Mobile Asset Management, Utilities	IS-U MAU 1.0		MSE for HH
SAP Mobile Service for HH (with mySAP CRM)			mySAP CRM 		MSE for HH 4.0	
MSE LPTSAP Mobile Service for Laptop (with mySAP CRM)		mySAP CRM 		MSE 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeri,

So what is the landscape for MAM and CRM

regards

Sanjay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Read message (and all answers) again and just wanted to add more information to my previous answer.

There seems to be no clear understanding between replication and synchronisation.

When you execute MAM30_031_getlist or MAM30_050_getlist you see a list of equipments or partners that will be replicated to the middleware. But it is completely legitimate if none will be synchronised to the device.

For example, if there is no order/notif assigned to this user that have equipment associated with it - no equipments will be synchronised on the device.

Variants you create for partners or equipments just define a subset of R/3 data that you want to replicate(copy) to the middleware. This data is user independent, whereas synchronisation is user dependent and only brings to teh device what is relevant to a user.

Best regards,

Larissa

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems to be a couple of different questions in the same thread.

So:

MAM and CRM

1. MAM is NOT compatible with CRM. It requires R/3 backend as it brings Plant Maintenance/Customer Service functionalities to a filed worker.

Partners are not replicated

2. First, to explain some customizing:

"Master Data Create Active" - will allow to create new equipment on the device based on template or last created equipment

"Address Crete Active" - when new equipment is created on the device it will allow to create address information for it.

"Master Data Change Active" - will allow to edit global equipment and functional location

As you can see none of this customizing affect partner in any way.

The only customizing to get partners downloaded to the device is activate "Partner Mgmt Active".

Now, why you don't get partner. MAM is desigend in the next way: order and/or notification are assigned to a mobile user. When user synchronises he gets this order/notif with all relevant (and activated) objects which are associated with this oreder/notif, namely: tech.objects (which will bring measurements), partners, contracts, catalogues. etc.

So in standard MAM everythign is order/notif driven.

There is a possibility to bring standalone (not order/notif related) technical objects or partners. They will come via MAM30_090 syncBO! To do this you have to implement BADI and basically feed partner list of this SyncBo. And replicate 090...

Hope this helps,

Larissa Limarova