Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return PO with reference to Customer return sales order

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement. i have to create Return PO for vendor with reference to Return sales order (RE).  Idea behind this process is :

1. Customer returns a material

2. create return order and do PGR

3.send this return material to vendor

4. if vendor issue credit for that issue credit to customer too

for this we need to create a Return PO. Return PO should get all material quantity and line item copied  from return sales order.

1. Return PO header should have reference of Return sales order

2. Return sales order should have Return PO mentioned in Document flow.

We are choosing an enhancement to achieve this process. Can you all please provide your inputs. too

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

problem solved after writing small required code at below mentioned place

Prgoram name - SALESDOCUMENT_FLOW_ALV

Include name - LDOCUMENT_FLOW_ALVF01

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thank you for this thread! Also the link provided by you; document written by Nabheet is useful too.

I have the below questions:

1. Customer waiting time for getting his money back:

In the process described by you, the customer gets his money back (for RE orders) only when the vendor gives money back to the company.

This would mean a "waiting time", was your customer ok with that process?

Moreover, if the goods are returned because of no fault of the customer, generally the customer does not wait. Therefore in standard Return process (Sales and Distribution), RE billing is done with reference to RE order (and not RE delivery).

2. Money returned by your company's vendor is different from the money you have billed your customer:

E.g.

Vendor is paid = 100USD

Your customer pays = 120USD

20USD is your profit.

So, when your vendor is paying 100USD, how much is your company returning to the customer?

3. During creation of the RE PO, how is user creating it?

Is it with reference to the RE sales order or the original PO?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your attention.

let;s go one by one.

1. Either we issue credit to customer upfront, if they are regular or important customer to us. Other customers have to wait until we receive credit from vendor. waiting time for such customer goes around   2 - 3 week. Difference between issued credit to customer and received credit from vendor is adjusted in G/L accounts.

2. we returned the amount to the customer what we billed them.

3. . Ideally it should be with reference to original PO but here we did some work around. We just create normal PO with return indicator. We choose item category "C" sales order. so that we can have Sales order number in return PO account assignment tab.  on this one we are still working with accounting and material management team to analysis the impact of this work around.

Thank you

Amit

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

i found out BADI_SD_DOCUMENTFLOW. this should work for my requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know the code. I have also tried using it. But though the entries are passed in VBFa table, I cannot see the Purchase order no. when I see the document flow.

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ankit,

i haven't developed the code yet. but yes. i somehow believe we can achieve that. also you may go through the below mentioned link:

http://scn.sap.com/people/nabheet.madan3/blog/2011/10/24/modifying-sales-document-flow#comment-32916...

i guess this will help you

thank  you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. Read and implemented and its done

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Try activating Advance Returns Management, which will meet your requirements. In this you have the option of viewing the "Returns Overview" which will give you the entire document flow.

Before you go for this option, check as how do you plan to move your goods from returned stock to the other so that it can be moved to the vendor and how do you decide to return your goods to vendor ie, are you planning to have inspection/quality check kind of thing.

-Vasanth

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any input on this. We are okay if we can't have return PO with reference to return sales order. because we can enter sales order number in return PO number in account assignment. document flow problem need to be worked out. we need return PO and it;s processing status in sales order document flow.

Please provide your inputs.

Thank you

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we need return PO and it;s processing status in sales order document flow

Try with Function Module SD_DOCUMENT_FLOW_MAINTAIN

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I had tried using the same FM when We creating Sales order with reference to PO. But though the entries were updated in VBFA table, we could not see the document flow using VA02.

Can you help me with what should be code like in case of updating PO number and Sales order document flow.

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks. let me check the possibilities of using this functional module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is closed. The document flow is updated if you update the Sales reference field in VBAP table.

The entries are automatically pushed in VBPA table.