cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a customer who orders an Item A which is my stock item via a Contract. We release this contract via a Sales Order, but while making the Sales Order the customer does not want Item A but Item B(which is also a stock item) to be delivered. The quantity of this item B will be so adjusted so as to match the value of item A in the contract.

Customer is sent an invoice that will have the value and description of Item A. Inventory of item A is not affected. Inventory of item B is reduced.

Also, there is no fixed rule or norm that always item B will replace item A. There could be many items which may replace item A. We have to make the configuration flexible to that extent.

Can anyone guide me as to how to map this scenario in SAP? Has anyone come across such a scene in their implementations? Your advice is earnestly requested.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

This is not possible in standard SAP.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I was just wondering whether I could use the consignment scenario and take the item 1 back so that its inventory is intact. Item 2 gets issued and invoiced. Only thing is that the invoice needs to be rectified for the change of name of product. Is there any way by which the invoice can be edited before printing...some way to import file into PDF or word and do such thing.

Can anyone advise on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

i dont think it is really possible in Standard SAP as the valuation of material is not possible for the scenario which you have explained.

The simple logic is which ever material you sell.............the corresponding inventory levels should come down for the same material. otherwise you will end up in too many inventory and accounting problems.

Regards

Sai