cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel Returns sales document for cancelled invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am not able to go to the change mode (VA02) of return order as I need to cancel the return order.

I am getting the Error message: “Reference billing document 92342992 was cancelled. Please check document flow.   Message no. ZV037”

Document Flow is :

·         Standard Order 0002522824        Completed

o   Delivery 0083906298                       Completed

§  Delv-related Invoice 0092342992               Completed

·         Accounting document 0092342992           Cleared

·         Invoice List 3008042018                                 Completed

·         Returns 0060601405                                        Open

·         Cancel invoic 3008042177                              Completed

·         Cancellation of Inv. 0092347311                 Completed

o   Accounting document 0092347311          Cleared

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

In IDES after cancelling the billing document, it is possible to delete RE order. No issues!

Thus (as said above) it is a customized message, created for your organization. It is not part of standard SAP.

Message no. ZV037

For me, it is strange that in standard SAP, after creation of a RE order, the reference billing document can be cancelled!

WHY?

Generally, after creation of RE order (if company realized that money should be returned to the customer then) money is given back to the customer. Then WHY CAN THE BILLING DOCUMENT BE CANCELLED?

Ashutosh,

Please understand and inform why the reference billing document was cancelled before deleting the RE order?

In my opinion, this practice is not correct.

First RE order should be deleted only then reference Billing document should be cancelled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh ,

As Lakshmipathi mentioned, the Message No. ZV037 is a customized one.

How you created the Return Order? With reference to Billing or Sales Order?

I think that as per your process you would have created the return Order with reference to Billing document and you might be validating that the billing document should not be cancelled. When you created the Sales Order, billing document was not cancelled. Later it was cancelled. So when you went in the change mode system is validation again and giving the error message.

ABAPer can help through Debugging.

Regards

Vinu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message no. ZV037

This is not the standard error.  Due to some business logic, ABAPer has set some coding due to which system was throwing the error.  Take the help of ABAPer and check how to overcome from this.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM Ali ,

I have done the same u sugested .

Created returen delivery and through VL09 I have reverced the return dilivery and deleted line Item from the delivery still I am not able to open my return order in VA02 (change mode ) to reject the line item error is same as I mentioned above.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shukla

I am wondering why you are typing your whole document flow. You can put a screen shot of document flow here so that it can be clearly understand what is your flow.

In your flow where is return delivery? You create return and directly created its credit memo? Where is return delivery?

For return cancellation you have to cancel credit memo first with VF11 which I think you have done. Then reverse return delivery with VL09 and delete line item from delivery order or delete whole delivery order. Then you will be able to reject sale return order.

Please check and update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM Ali ,

I have done the same u sugested .

Created returen delivery and through VL09 I have reverced the return dilivery and deleted line Item from the delivery still I am not able to open my return order in VA02 (change mode ) to reject the line item error is same as I mentioned above.