Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business requirement to be montitered through SPC monitering in SAP

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I need some suggestions in SPC. I have gone through the documents and googled a lot but still could not find any guide to provide myself a solution. We are going to follow SPC that will be monitored by QM people in respect to the machines being used in production process. They want to analyse the effectiveness  of the machine producing the finished materials. There are certain critical parameters like internal diameters , external diameters that are needed to be checked. The x graph will be displayed so that user can see the graph and analyse how much deviation is occurring from the standard tolerance limit defined.

In short-User will input requirements in SAP and system will generate graph accordingly either in histogram and XBAR graph form. From these graphs management wants to decide whether the machine engaged for the equipment is fit to be used in the production process or not.

How can we achieve the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

• Create sampling procedure(QDV1) with valution mode as SPC inspection & control chart Acceptance chart.
  • Create quantitative MIC & select SPC characteristic check box in control indicator
  • Now use the same by creating inspection plan.
  • Do the result recording for the same
  • To see the Histogram use tcode QGP1, select the task list as Q & enter the material code & proceed

Regards

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created the inspection plan? Then what i am suppose to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Using the inspection plan , release the inspection lot & do the result recording accordingly.

To see the Histogram use tcode QGP1, select the task list as Q & enter the material code & proceed.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

What i meant was am i suppose to include the sampling procedure or MIC anywhere in inspection plan??? i did not get them anyhow? Can you brief in detail? i am completely new to this concept. Let say i have one material code A for which i need to check the internal diameter. Now this material is checked by a machine. Do i have to maintain them too.? i mean how will it work? Any way i am just proceeding as you have told. please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use tcode QP01 & enter the material / plant code & click on enter

enter usage as 5 & status as 4 & click on operation button

In the next screen enter control key as QM01 & select the line & click on inspection characteristic button

In the next screen use already created MIC & Sampling procedure & save.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep , thanx again for your guidance... now you told that release the inspection lot . By this i am assuming that releasing the inspection lot by accepting or rejecting the lot. But we do these activities during procurement and production. So are you telling me that i can have a spc for normal incoming procurement activities also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sen

Yes we should have task list coz relevant MIC & sampling procedure used in inspection plan only.

For SPC you must do the step.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

As you have suggested i will tell you what i  have done..

1.i have created the sampling plan.

2.Created two MIC one qualititative and secnd quantitive

3. Assigned it to inspection plan.

steps achieved:

i was able to generate histogram qgp1.

however when i go to QGC3 i am not getting any result. Please note that i have done the RR and then i have rejected the lot in GR during inspection. The inspection type is 01 for the material.

I am attaching the screenshots for the same . I might have missed a lot. Please guide me if i am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For control chart u must have some result recorded data for that MIC.

I mean control chart only work if u have multiple recorded data.

former_member1124592
Participant
former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

I have done Gr for 10 line,total 90 items splitting them and recording them in RR for all the 10 items. Still it is not showing any positive result in spc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SPC will appear for those MIC for which SPC check box is enable in control indicator of MIC

for ex: Dimension, diameter which u have created.

After executing the QGC3 you will get the data line wise , there you can select the line item & click on control chart icon.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sandeep ,

you will be pleased to know that i was able to generate a SPC chart. I will tell you what i have  done in respect to all my previous post regarding SPC.

i have defined the critical parameters as MIC.Then a lot of PM steps come.

equipment task list

assign mic to ETL

inspection plan

steps:

create scheduling through IP10.

through IP24 it will be released to create maintenance orders

get the lot from there and do RR

now goto QGC3 and execute.

But still the some questions remain?

1)Can i have MIC as both qualitative and quantitative for SPC. 

2)Till now i am unable to do the same for Incoming inspection lot. That is doing goods receipt from purchase order  and doing RR

i am still into it .. let me gather some more info i think i will get this one too..offcrse with ur help....i will keep u upadated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1.SPC is only applicable for quantitative test only.

2. Yes do the same step which we have discussed initially for incoming.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sen

could you plz tell me one thing are the PM steps like Equip task list and others are required to get the SPC?? i think we can also get SPC with QM transactions as well.......

Regards

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

i am not deep into this thing but if you want to do by QM way just manually create inspection lot. In my process i am doing the steps which eventually give rise to maintenance order which n turn gives rise to inspection lot. Logically since i am taking these helps as per my requirements. Your might not be the same.  So start ur process from inspection lot creation. And please refer to what Mr. Sandeep has told. In any case those are the prerequisites.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nasir,

If are aware of SPC through QM way it would be very grateful to share your experience in this discussion...

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

when i demonstrated them they gave me some bunch of formulas and told that they calculate/record on basis of those formulas. The SPC generated graph on basis of that only.. can you tell me where to enter the same during SPC config?

Answers (0)