cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage decission for inspection lots with long term characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when we make the UD for inspecition lots by the program RQEVAI30 (transaction QA10) and don't set the flag "Include long-term characs.", the UD is set even when we the inspection lot has long term characteristics.

Do you know what is the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please, any solution?

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't test this yet but have you run it with the indicator box checked?  I believe that if you set that, it will only make the UD if the long term characterisitcs are completed.

As long as you leave it off, the UD will be set as long as all the required, short-term characteristics have a status of 5, (locked).

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

thank you for your answer.

I have run it with the indicator box "Include long-term characs." unchecked. Do you mean that I should check this indicator in order to avoid the UD be set when the inspection lots have any long term characteristics?

Thank you again.

Best regards.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe so,yes.. you should be able to check the box, then use F1 to read the help file about the indicator.  It should have an explanation.  I don't have access to an SAP system to check myself yet.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the help file is:

Take Long-Term Characs Into Account During Automatic UD

Defines that inspection lots, whose long-term inspections have been completed, are taken into consideration when the automatic usage decision is made.

Use

If you set this indicator, only inspection lots that are defined for a long-term inspection are considered when the automatic usage decision is made, if the long-term inspection has been completed.

I don't know if it means that I have to check the flag in order to avoid setting the UD when the inspection lots have long term chars.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what you posted, the indicator won't help you.

The auto UD is designed to process lots with long term characteristics.  That's the whole point of long term characteristics.  So that you CAN make the UD without them being complete.  So if you don't want the lots be processed with a UD when there are open long term characteristics, than you have two options I see.

1) Change your long term characteristics to short-term ones.  If you require them for a UD, they shouldn't be a long term characteristics anyway.

2) copy the Auto Ud program to a Z program and modify to not process lots with open long term characteristics and run that in a batch job instead of the standard Auto UD program.

FF