Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check-in file not displayed in Storage server

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

When I click on the 'Check-In' original, the file is not getting stored in the Storage Path specified for the Storage category. Isn't the file supposed to store automatically once the User checks-in the file?. The file is displayed in the Content server, once the User opens the file in CVO2N transaction though.

Note: The 'Storage Category' I am using is DMS_C1_ST with the External sever path maintained in the 'Transfer drctry,  'Physical Path' fields.

Please advise.

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally in CV01N or CV02N the file is just transferred if you save the document info record after checking in. So just pressing the 'checkin' button does not transfer the file.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Christoph,

Any BAPI/BADI to have the Original file checked in to the Storage path when the User clicks the save button in CV01N?.

You mentioned - ... 'the file is just transferred'. Do you mean that the file is just picked by the system or is it placed in the storage category at certain location within the DB?. Any thoughts?.

Thanks for your inputs.

-Regards

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

so there is a BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 with methods BEFORE_SAVE for example which might be useful for you.

But to achieve an automatic checkin you can also set the flag 'Checkin required' and 'Checkin' for the affected document status in transaction DC10. If the flag 'Checkin' is set and you save a document info record with this status and an original, this file should be checked in.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thank you for your response.

1. I will need to check on how the BADI works with an ABAP'er. Is it the normal behavior that the 'Original file' will only show-up in storage path, once the user Opens the file in CV02N?. Please let me know on how it works for you or as you know of so far from your experience.

2. I am having an error when trying to configure the HTTP Content server posted as in - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3264676. As of now, I suggested to give the physical path for DMS_C1_ST and the files are saved in the DMS Content server, once the user opens the file in CV02N. I am checking your response for HTTP Error and it still displays the same message - will need to check with BASIS team when they get back on the program RSHTTP05 version and such.

Even the ' automatic checkin' at document status level do the same thing - just picks the Storage category maintained & won't display the original file in the Storage path.

-Thanks