SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with MDT for con.obj. numer range

0 Kudos

Hi experts!!!

We are integrating CRM 7 EHP2 with ECC 6.0 Ehp 5 IS-U. And we have a problem with MDT for connection Object.

When i do the test of MDT for the creation of connection object,  the system reports the problem "Internal number assignment not posible for structured key", in the detail say that the structure is NNNN-NNNN-NNNN. But the test have an id of connection object with that structure. i don't know whta is happening.

Can anyone help me please!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

Request you to check configuration Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Technical Objects --> Functional Locations --> Create Structure Indicator for Reference Locations/Functional Locations

Additionally, please check if the correct structure is assigned to connection object at IMG - SAP Utilities --> Master Data --> Basic Settings --> Define Structure Indicator and Category of Functional Locations.

Lastly, ensure the number ranges are configured correct at SAP Utilities --> Master Data --> Master Data --> Define Number Ranges for Connection Objects/Device Locations.

Regards,

Avinash

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

Request you to check configuration Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Technical Objects --> Functional Locations --> Create Structure Indicator for Reference Locations/Functional Locations

Additionally, please check if the correct structure is assigned to connection object at IMG - SAP Utilities --> Master Data --> Basic Settings --> Define Structure Indicator and Category of Functional Locations.

Lastly, ensure the number ranges are configured correct at SAP Utilities --> Master Data --> Master Data --> Define Number Ranges for Connection Objects/Device Locations.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I checked the configuration that you mentioned, all is fine. The structure for connection object is NNNN-NNNN-NNNN, and the range number it's assigned to that structure.

I think the problem is the MDT; because if in the test put one ID of Obj that exists and different data (for example, street name) ,the system modify the object. So the MDT it's not working fine, i can modify con.obj but i can't create.

Do you have another idea??

Regards!!

0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

Please let me know if you have external number range for connection object. If yes, then I guess you need to pass in structure format NNNN-NNNN-NNNN (where N represents number).

Also, let us know what MDT category you are using to create connection object.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

You're right, i using external number range, and i pass one number with that structure (for example 0011-043-0189).
The config of mdt is:
   - Mdt Category: CRMCONNOBJ_ALONE
   - Active fields:   HAUS          - Parameter - Value: EHAU_TPLNR
                            SWERK       - Constant    - Value: 1000
                            CRM_GUID - Parameter - Value: EHAU_CRM_GUID

In the test, the value, that i pass in HAUS field is:  0011-043-0189.

The error is "Internal number assignment not posible for structured key", I can modify an existing, but i can't create.

Regards!!