cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

afaria 6.6 can not send outbound notification to windows mobile 6 professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Guru,

i'm using afria 6.6 and windows mobile emulator 6 professional.

i can connect the emulator with afaria server but when i failed to send the notification from afaria back to the emulator

ONS1003: Could not connect to client, "Pocket_PC", with Client GUID, "{xxx}". The specified host, "xxx", cannot be reached.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

With Afaria 6.6 you got two types of options for outbound notifications on Windows Mobile:

• By IP address Afaria tries to reach the device by it's last know IP address. Naturally, mobile devices have different IP's all the time and this feature is meant to be used with Windows PC's and not mobile devices.

• By SMS (Short Messaging Service) Afaria can send SMS to the device, but you need to set this up first. Most customers use an Email2SMS gateway. You can also use a SMPP or serial SMS Modem.

You may have a lot of trouble trying to use either method on an emulated Windows Mobile device - try using a real Windows Mobile device instead.

Incidentally, why are you not using Afaria 7 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi David,

thank you for your reply!

I could not find the place to create afaria client in afa7 as in afa6, for iOS we can download afa client from appstore.

In case i used afa7, the two methods with IP address and SMS are still same?

regards,

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

App store ? I thought this was a Windows Mobile 6.5 question.

Anyway the answer to the iOS App Store question is that the Client marked 6.6 is infact the latest for both Afaria 6.6 and Afaria 7 ! Bizarre, but true ...

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/afaria/id378087184

I quote: "What's New in Version 6.60.6057.0 The new Afaria client includes several new features including support for the Afaria 7.0 SP1 release. New features include: - Removed Telecom Expense Data Collection - Performance enhancements - Various Bug Fixes "

--------------------------------------------

For Afaria 7 the two methods are the same for Windows Mobile 6.5.

However for iOS you can use the excellent Apple Push service - APNS.

And for Android push you have the equally excellent GCM (Google Cloud messaging) support (But only in Afaria 7.0 SP1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank David alot

how to get afaria client for windows mobile 6.5 in afaria 7?

e.g: For iOS we can get from appstore, android from google player.

When i installed afa7 sp1, there's no place to create client for windows mobile.

Answers (0)