Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install ABAP and JAVA Systems on the same Microsoft Cluster

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I would need your advice installing both NW 7.3 ABAP and a NW 7.3 JAVA systems on a same Microsoft Cluster (2 nodes) with SQL Server as another cluster service

Lets say I finish Installing BIP system (ABAP) in the first place under cluster group SAP BIP.

When Installing the second system BJP (JAVA), how can I make use of the same Cluster Group and the same Cluster Disk Drive?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Note No. 936703

SAP Note No. 1321854

Above notes might be helpful.

Regards, Premsukh

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Premsukh, thanks for that note which explains how it works under Windows 2008.

Let me ask a couple more questions regarding a new system Installation on a Cluster which is now running another SAP system

This screenshot shows an already installed BIP system, running on Service SAP BIP, which is own Network Name SAPBWPROD and its own Cluster Disk V:

Now, according to Windows 2008 R2 Filesystem architecture, im able to host several sapmnt on the same cluster.

So my concern resides on how should install a new SAP System on the cluster

BIP and BJP systems should have their own Cluster Drive V and W.

Also they should have different Network Names. SAPBWPROD and SAPBIPROD

Is this correct?

Actually SQL Server Group IP is SQLBWPROD where BIP Database is installed. I'd like system BJP use the same SQL Cluster Group

Should I ask for a new Virtual IP for the the SQL Group or both systems can share the same?

Translating Graphic architecture to my current Cluster landscape it should be something like this?

BIP

Service SAP BIP

Network Name: SAPBWPROD

Cluster Drive: V:

\\SAPBWPROD\\sapmnt --> V:\usr\sap\BIP

BJP

Service SAP BJP

Network Name: SAPBIPROD

Cluster Drive: W:

\\SAPBIPROD\\sapmnt --> W:\usr\sap\BJP

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

two SAP systems in one two node Windows Failover Cluster should be installed as two independend systems.

Every clustergroup should only contain components of one SAP System not from both.

this leads into 4 cluster groups:

1 - SAP BIP

2 - SAP BJP

3 - SQL BIP

4 - SQL BJP.

For every of these groups you need at least on IP Address and so called virtual hostname.

regards

Peter

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

I agree each SAP System should have its own IP Address, Network name and own Cluster Disk

Now regarding Database, If you have SQL installed on the cluster, and if you want to use the same SQL Instance installed (SQLBWPROD).

If both systems have access to same Database, why do you need to install a new SQL database Instance with its own disks, IPs and Virtual Name, instead using same SQL Cluster group?

Answers (0)