cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Assign GL to new distribution channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a new distribution channel but I have no idea how to set-up Account Determination. Can anyone please help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Melissa Sub Madrid

There is no settings to assign GL as per distribution channel, mainly there are two accounting entries.

One when you do the Goods Issue i.e. PGI and other is when you do billing(VF01).

During PGI accounting gets trigger  via the setting maintain in Material Master Accounting View 1 i.e. Valuation Class, which you have maintained.

During VF01 the Accounting trigger with the combination of different keys and filed settings maintained in VKOA. Please fallow the link, it will help you a lot

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=181238

Kind regards

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Melissa,

G/L account assignment is done in account determination. Tcode VKOA. Select the appropriate table and update the entry.

Ketan

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Melissa,

I created a new distribution channel but I have no idea how to set-up Account Determination. 

If you are talking about configuration of Account determination (VOK1) in Sandbox / IDES, then I would suggest you to go through the theory.

If you are talking about configuration of Account determination (VOK1) for your company, then I would suggest you take the help of an experienced SD consultant (and not try it this yourself).

If you are talking about creation of condition record, for this new distribution channel, then transaction code VKOA.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to path

IMG- sales and distribution- basic function - account assignment costing - revenue account determination - define dependencies of revenue account determination - here you create the table like

Sales org./Distr. Chl/AcctAssgGr/AcctAsgnmt/Acct key

then assign the this table  access sequence KOFI condition type or your own condition type ,

then assign the condition type , access sequence ,

define account determination procedure , assign account determination procedure ,

then assign G/L accounts , here maintain the  g/l account for Sales org./Distr. Chl/AcctAssgGr/AcctAsgnmt/Acct key this table

then you will check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melissa ,

you have to do it in VKOA. By standard SAP ,you will not assign the G/L account to the Distribution Channel.

Regards

Vinu