cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation PR from PS

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I am assigning a material (parent material) with 3 child components in NWA. I have created a WBS BOM for this parent material. When I explode this in CJ20N the item category of the parent item is changed to Text. and while converting to a PR (collective PR) apart from the 3 line items for the 3 child components a seperate line item as Text material for the parent items is also created.

This I dont want. I only want the three line items in PR for the 3 child components. How is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

But one more question the first child component has Item category L. And has procurement type F external with No Planning ND in MRP Type in material master. Ideally this should trigger PR while this is not happenning so.

I checked MMBE and there is only Sales order stock. Why is this item not generating a PR? but generating a reservation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item category should be N. Then, it'll create PR........

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to understand this functionality more.I know PR can be generated but not through the normal PS route. If I run MRP the reservations can be converted to PR as there is no stock at present also this is for external procurement.

I think through PS this has to be N. Is there anyway that I can generate PR even if Item Category is L. Experts can you help here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

If Item category in L , PR can be generated if procurement type for the material component is "PReq + Reservation for WBS Element".

The item category "stock item" (L) is used for materials kept in stock. When you save your data, the system creates a reservation for the required material. A purchase requisition - which is passed on to Purchasing - can also be created for components procured externally.

Please go through help sap link (Topic: Procurement via Material requirement planning ) mentioned below for detail process.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d7/b8853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards

Tushar

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all I could stop this. This was coming as Activity was with controlling key PS02.