cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From XML File Functionality?

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Our ECC system is currently generating a report that I have been tasked with reading the contents of into our IDM database and acting on. The way the report is currently written, it is spitting out an XML file containing all of the pertinent imformation. (This report was created under another department's specs, and we're just going to be receiving it as well)

Can SAP NW 7.2 IDM read from a given .XML file and write its contents to a database?

I was able to find a blog post from Kare here: http://scn.sap.com/people/kare.indroy/blog/2008/01/14/sap-netweaver-identity-management-how-to-maint..., but it is an old one and does not seem to have taken well to being migrated to the new SCN.

Does the FromXML FromCustom pass still exist? If it does, can anyone provide me with the details on the parameters for such a pass? I have been unsuccessful in finding this information documented anywhere.

Thanks,

Jared

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

NW IDM 7.2 still supports reading from file. See Below:

Can you please check the "Basic Synchronization" Tutorial for IDM 7.20?

Regards

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Huseyin,

Unfortunately, an XML file does not lend itself to being read handily using a From ASCII file pass, as the records are stored as such:

<ZHR_DELETEDPERNR><MANDT/><PERNR>00xxxxxx</PERNR><ENAME/><KOSTL>xxxxxxxxxx</KOSTL><PERID/><DELETED_DATE>2012-07-11</DELETED_DATE><DELETED_BY>xxxxxxxx</DELETED_BY></ZHR_DELETEDPERNR><ZHR_DELETEDPERNR><MANDT/><PERNR>00xxxxxx</PERNR><ENAME/><KOSTL>xxxxxxxxxx</KOSTL><PERID/><DELETED_DATE>2012-07-11</DELETED_DATE><DELETED_BY>xxxxxxxx</DELETED_BY></ZHR_DELETEDPERNR>

Since the file does not have headers but XML tags, the pass cannot be set up to map the data to specific columns. I can read in the full text of the file, but that still doesn't help me with the mapping.

This is why I was interested in the FromXML FromCustom pass, because if that Java class still exists, then the pass itself can do the mapping. I'd just need the parameter details for setting it up.

At this point, I've already requested the technical team to provide the file in a flat format so that it can be read properly. I was just curious if the functionality was still there.

Thanks,

Jared