Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI-Inbound Order with correct quantity unit

former_member230869
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

as you all know, you can place alternative units of measure in material master with GTIN (EAN) for each unit.

So, when I get an order with an GTIN which belongs to an alternative unit of measure, how can SAP take the correct quantity unit into the order.

Example:

Base unit = piece

The idoc has the GTIN of unit "carton" and quantity "10". So I expect that the system creates an order with 10 cartons.

But, somehow the system takes 10 "pieces" into the order.

Of what do I have to take care?

Thanks.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

Check whether Idoc is carrying the Base Unit also. Sales Order will always consider the Sales Unit. If Sales Unit is not available, it will consider the Base Unit.

Try to maintain the Sales Unit in the Material Master as Carton and check. You have to maintain the relationship between pieces and carton in the Material Master - Basic Data 1 in the "Additional Data".

With Regards

Vinu.N

former_member230869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

I totally agree with you, but that works only, when every customer orders in the same way, means with the same EAN code.

But it can happen, that 1 customer sends the EAN of unit piece, another customer sends the box-EAN, another is sending the EAN of a pallet.

The system should take in the correct quantity in relation to the unit of measure the customers are sending.

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

My understanding is that based on EAN, unit of measure should be determined. Currently it is not happening. Make sure that the information are maintained in the Material Master. If you still have issue, I think you should discuss with ABAPer to check the behaviour of the Idoc.They should able to help you.

With Regards

Vinu.N

former_member230869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always thought, that SAP determines the order quantity in relation to the UoM of the EAN code.

But it seems that this is not the fact - unfortunately. 😞

The system takes the UoM from the idoc. When there is set "PCE" and the EAN-code of an box, SAP would place the quantity in relation of unit PCE.

In my opinion the quantity always should be calculated in relation to the sent EAN code...as the GS1 rules are explaining, too.

Ok, so I think we have to make some changes in user exit.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

Check in the Inbound Idoc segment, whether you have UoM. If so, You have to supress it. Also check whether you have EAN in your Idoc Segment. If so, user exit should fetch the UoM based on the EAN and update the Sales Order. Check with ABAPer.

Regards

Vinu