cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create pre-defined OLAP filters for Dates Information Design Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Information Design Tool and Web Intelligence 4.x family of products.

I have been trying, without success, to create Pre-defined Date filters in Information Design Tool. The underlying OLAP Cube is MSAS 2005. At this point, have reviewed many posts already (had not found any posts using the Information Design Tool for OLAP) and decided it is time to post a question regarding this.

My goal is to setup Pre-defined Date Filters for such things as Current Month, Previous Month, Current Week, etc. for users to select as filters in Webi Reports.

We do not want to use Prompts so that the reports can be scheduled.

I can create new Named Sets and Dimensions in the Information Tool with MDX code to calculate the Date Filters but the Named Sets and Dimensions can't be used as conditions. SAP documentation notes that because of an MDX limitation, dimensions or Named Sets that are inserted or copied into an OLAP business layer cannot be used in conditions or sorts.

Has anyone successfully create Date Filters in the Information Design Tool for OLAP Universes?  Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Automatic time based selection examples are described in the document below pages 28-32

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29733

Answers (0)