cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Field to Existing Collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'd like some guidance on the following topic. I have a requirement to add some custom fields on the line item tab. These fields should be related to each line item that I add on this tab.

For instance, if I click on the add button to add a material, a new line item will be created. For this line item I need to have two more fields where I will enter some information.

So, I would Have, for example:

For Material 1:

Part Number, Description, Contracted Quantity, ..., Custom Field 1, Custom Field 2

For Material 2:

Part Number, Description, Contracted Quantity, ..., Custom Field 1, Custom Field 2

Does any one have ever faced something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You cannot extend line items to include custom fields. Hence the possibility of displaying any additional fields in the summary section on line items tab is ruled out.

You can try using the concept of line item specifications. Using this you can add as many custom details as you require. These would be displayed in the detail screen of line items.

Hope this helps.

Harmeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan, thanks for your comments. I liked your suggestion, altough, i don't think it would be possible to rename those fields on the detail screen (please correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Hi, Harmeet.

I tested the line item specification and it's also a good suggestion. My question is: Can we leave the line item specifications created with the fields to be filled without using the Master Agreement Template to save this information?

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

To rename a field on the line item detail screen you need to go to:

Setup > System Setup > User Interface > Page Customization > New

You need to set the Object Name as Line Item and then click on Add Field. You can then use the drop down to select the field you want to rename and then set the Property as Label , you can then choose a localized resource to name the field as.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Dan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I have seen this question asked on the forum a number of times before and the answer has always been that it is not possible to add a column to a standard table in the system.

I think your only option would be to put the extension on the line item details screen so that when the user adds their line item they can then click on it to view all the details of that line item including your two extensions.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

It's also an option. Can you give an insight on how to achieve this? As it's not possible to enter on the details tab on WYSIWYG Page Customization and I didn't find the fields of the details tab in the Display After option in the Extension Definition I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Apologies it looks there is no Extension Class Name for line item! I assumed there would be one, perhaps another forum member can confirm it is not possible to add an extension to the line item page.

When creating a page customisation you can choose Object Name line item, this may allow you to rename two fields you are not using on the screen to the new ones you need.

Regards

Dan