Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide or overwrite default view in POWL

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the POWL Query FITV_POWLTRIPS of Application ID FITV_POWL_TRIPS I want to change the layout. I found, this is possible in IMG in table POWL_V_QUERY (Screenshot 1). I altered the layout, but wasn't able to save/overwrite the entry "default view" (save was greyed out), so I said "save as" and gave my new layout a new name and set it as entry view (loosely translated from german, sorry, what I mean is, that my new view will be the lead selection when the application is started). So far so good, it does work the way I want it so far, but subsequently I don't want the user to be able selecting the default view which still is available in the drop down list (Screenshot 2). So, either the dropdown box has to be made invisbile or read only or the entry "default view" must be removed. I couldn't find out how to achieve this. Does anybody know of an approach that helps here?

Found this wiki so far for POWL parameters, but IMHO doesn't help in this case: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/POWL+CONFIGURATIONS

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Would it help setting left hand in the component configuration to invisible?

I don't think you can remove the "default view" option.

Br Jan

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for replying. I'm hesitant to do this because it's a standard Component Configuration; wouldn't this be considered a modification? Building my own Comp Confs and App Confs can't really work either in this case, because I'd have to make numerous adjustments (modifications) on the FITV_FPM Floorplanmanager as well to assign them.

Or am I maybe misunderstanding the concept of SAP's standard comp confs? Do they intend that the customer is altering them? If so, it confuses me, that it still warns me with the usual "only make repairs if inevitable" when clicking on 'change'.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

As you can see in my post to your other question http://scn.sap.com/message/13650195 you can use component configuration enhancement or customization to achieve it. Use the guide I link to or simply: 1. For enhancement option: open your component configuration and select Other Functions -> Create Enhancement

2. For customizing your component: Run wd application customize_component and enter details for the component you want to customize. You might have to activate customize component i SICF first.

You are absolutely correct that it is considered a modification if you change the standard and you shouldn't do it. Are you on 7.31? I'm on 7.02 and I don't even get a warning. On teched I spoke to SAP and they set it was a mistake that you could create modifications on the configurations without even receiving a warning or anything. If you do modify the configuration your transport will say modification.

I hope this helps you and let me know if you need further help.

Br Jan

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just realized I can also do the alteration you described in your earlier post in my CC-Enhancement too. I can't confirm it will work at the moment though, because I get some really spooky error:

"WebDynpro Exception: Die URL enthält möglicherweise bösartiges Script "

would loosely translate into english

"WebDynpro Exception: The URL probably contains malicious script "

But I'm setting your answer correct anyway, because I'm 99,9% convinced it will work.

Cheers + Thanks a lot for your help

Lukas

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Here's a little feedback: I got rid of that evil-script-error and the 0,01% case has entered. Neither coding nor comp-conf usage for the "LEFT_HAND"-Container did the trick. After all, I did the following workaround:

In a post exit of WDDOINIT of Comp Controller in FITV_POWL_TRIPS I set a variable into the ABAP memory:

* Weigelt 19.11.2012, Indikator für POWL_TABLE_COMP, weil nach der Datenübergabe kein Bezug zur Application-ID mehr vorhanden ist...

CONSTANTS: lv_c_powl_table_trips_mem_id(10) TYPE c VALUE 'ZPOWLTRIPS'.
   CONSTANTS: lv_c_powl_table_trips_id TYPE STRING VALUE 'FITV_POWL_TRIPS'.

DATA: lv_powl_appl_id_indicator TYPE STRING.

lv_powl_appl_id_indicator = lv_c_powl_table_trips_id.

EXPORT lv_powl_appl_id_indicator FROM lv_powl_appl_id_indicator TO MEMORY ID lv_c_powl_table_trips_mem_id.

I do this, because I programatically lose track from which application I originally came from after POWL_UI_COMP . Then, in a post-exit of WDDOMODIFYVIEW of View TABLE_DATA in POWL_TABLE_COMP I read this variable from memory, and if I can identify I'm in my Travel Management environment, I read the API of the ALV and programatically disable settings and query-view-dialogue-dropdownbox:

* Weigelt 19.11.2012 Settings und Sichten ausblenden, wenn FITV_POWL_TRIPS

CONSTANTS: lv_c_powl_table_trips_mem_id(10) TYPE c VALUE 'ZPOWLTRIPS'. " Siehe FITV_POWL_TRIPS comp-controller wddoinit
   CONSTANTS: lv_c_powl_table_trips_id TYPE STRING VALUE 'FITV_POWL_TRIPS'.

DATA: lv_powl_appl_id_indicator TYPE STRING.
   DATA: lr_alv_model TYPE REF TO cl_salv_wd_config_table.
   DATA: lr_salv_wd_ifc TYPE REF TO iwci_salv_wd_table.

IMPORT lv_powl_appl_id_indicator TO lv_powl_appl_id_indicator FROM MEMORY ID lv_c_powl_table_trips_mem_id.

IF lv_powl_appl_id_indicator = lv_c_powl_table_trips_id. " Settings und Views werden nur bei TRV-Kontext ausgeblendet, so bleibt die Dynamik der POWL-Komponente für andere Applikationen erhalten
     lr_salv_wd_ifc = wd_this->wd_cpifc_alv( ).
     lr_alv_model = lr_salv_wd_ifc->get_model( ).
     lr_alv_model->if_salv_wd_std_functions~SET_VIEW_LIST_ALLOWED( abap_false ).
     lr_alv_model->if_salv_wd_std_functions~set_dialog_settings_allowed( abap_false ).
   ENDIF.

As you can see I reverted the enhanced Component Configuration for POWL_UI_COMP I did for the settings-link and used coding for this matter as well. Not as elegant as before, but more dynamic/generic. After all, I'm still happy with the result

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (0)