cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Mapping Enabled BPM - Restart workflow from Alert Registered Point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My scenario involves BPM with multi mapping. I have configured to capture alerts and to be able to restart workflow from the point, the alert was registered. When I attempt to restart the workflow, I see that only the first message splitted by multi-map gets processed, the rest is not seen.

As I am new to BPM, can anyone help here please?

Thank you.

Regards,

Madhvi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say Transformation step generated only one message when you restarted failed BPM?

how about success scenario? is BPM working as expected?generating multiple messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping out, Raja Sekhar.

You mean to say Transformation step generated only one message when you restarted failed BPM?

The message is utilized as it was generated by transformation at initial execution. No re-generation is executed. Also, this happens only when an exception is raised otherwise the splitting is as expected.

how about success scenario? is BPM working as expected?generating multiple messages?

The splitting is done as expected in success scneario. BPM also functions as expected with multiple messages.

Regards

Madhvi

Message was edited by: Madhvi Singh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvi,

When you restart failed BPM ,it starts from failed step, can you try to trigger an expcetion before trasnformation(if no impact on requirement) and try one failed scenario.

Can you paste your bpm design here.

Regards,

Rja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Moving the exception handler block prior to Transformation step does the following:

1) Initial Execution gets to Send step, detects an exception with connection [simulated], exception caught is thrown to the handler before transformation step;

2) The transformation is executed and the process ends. I have not included all steps within this handler to avoid getting into an indefinite loop;

3) The BPM ends successfully with no expected output and no workflow restart possibility;

A generic question, is the exception handling strategy similar to try...catch in Java?

I'll appreciate any more suggestions.

Regards,

Madhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just re-read your post asking the BPM design. Here it is: