Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table splitting preparation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

We are facing a "Table splitting preparation" Error on SapInst execution:

An error occurred while processing service SAP ERP 6.0 Support Release 3 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > IBM DB2 for i5/OS > Source System Export > Central System > Based on AS ABAP > Table Splitting Preparation( Last error reported by the step :

Execution of the command "X:\usr\sap\SAPinst\ERP\LM\COPY\DB4\EXP\CENTRAL\AS-ABAP\PRETABSPLIT\SAPCAR -x -v -g -i -R X:\usr\sap/SAPinst/ERP/LM/COPY/DB4/EXP/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/PRETABSPLIT -f Y:/51043840_9/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master_\IM_OS400_PPC64/COMMON/INSTALL/SPLIT.SAR, split.jar" finished with return code 29. Output: SAPCAR: no archives specified for extracting (error 29). No such file or directory).

As I previously found here at forums, I have updated SAPCAR and SPLIT.SAR with most recent version and applied OSS Note 707805 - IBM i:Patches for Installation Kits with ISERPACK8_9-20000959.SAR patch, delete and upload again master_cd, also reinstalled TMKSVR as note details, but nothing succesfully at the moment.

Any suggestion?? How can achieve this issue??

Thanks in advance

Scottie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scottie,

Error message : SAPCAR: no archives specified for extracting (error

29). No such file or directory

I think this issue is probably caused by how the share was created.

When you installed the TMKSVR, a binary share \\<hostname>\rootbin
should have been created on your Windows installation host. You should
have your installation CDs (including the Installation Master CD) copied
to your iSeries IFS. Then use the Windows Explorer >> go to your mapped
rootbin share and start SAPINST from the IFS copy of the Master CD.

X:\usr\sap/SAPinst/ERP/LM/COPY/DB4/EXP/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/PRETABSPLIT -f Y:/51043840_9/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master_\IM_OS400_PPC64/COMMON/INSTALL/SPLIT.SAR, split.jar

Tablesplit file is on share X:  and your CD on share Y.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were right... in this situation, problem was login through TMKSRV to Rootbin mapped drive when executing sapinst (X drive) but starting sapinst from other mapped (Y drive).

Solved.

Thanks a lot Paul!!

Answers (0)