cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional app server installation

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a distributed installation of NW 7.30 based AS java (EP)... I had primary app server installed with kernel at patch level A. Then I upgraded it and presently it is at some patch B.. If I choose to add a new dialog installation now, which kernel should I use ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot influence the kernel patch level at installation time.

Cheers Michael

Hint: but when you properly share the global kernel (/sapmnt/SID/exe) you should automatically have the right patch level on the new application server.

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of Different OS, mount point can not be shared between the primary apps server and other application server.

Regards, Premsukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody mentioned different OS' and no that is not true, we have a heterogeneous installation HP-UX / Linux and we have both kernels in the global directory. And we share the global kernel to all servers.

/sapmnt/SID/exe/nuc/hpia64..

/sapmnt/SID/exe/nuc/linuxx86..

I suspect you are thinking of a very special configuration with the CI on unix and secondary application servers on windows, but system layouts like these should be avoided if possible. And we have no indication this is even the case here.

Of course you can also have all sorts of custom local directories, but you will soon be reporting all sorts of funny issues on SCN 😉

But as you stated correctly in your first post, you shouldn't have different kernel patch levels within one system.

Cheers Michael

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Please install new application server java with patch level B. Ideally your primary apps and other dialog instance must be running on same patch level.

Regards, Premsukh