Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with timezone in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem with timezones in XI:

we receive files through a sender CC XI from our american affiliate (our firm is italian). These files generate registrations in SAP ECC.

These registrations are created in SAP system with Italian timezone but we need american timezone for these registrations.

What can we do?

I'm an thinking about creating a XIUSERUSA user with american timezone and use it in receiver CC, is it the correct solution?

Are there others solutions?

thanks

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solved by creating an XIUSERUSA user with american timezone, thanks for help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

The usr02 abap table has a field called tzone for each user, this field obviusly must be supported. Also the SAP ABAP systems has their own time variables, time configuration etc.

Whick is really your problem?, should the USA name files be generated in the italian ECC system with the USA timestamp?, may be any field inside the payload?. You could use an UDF inside the message mapping to convert one time in another, to use an abap mapping or RFC lookup for the same purpose, etc

Regards.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Fabio,

>>>These registrations are created in SAP system with Italian timezone but we need american timezone for these registrations.

but where is the italian time ? in the message itself ? if so you can change it to american timezone within the mapping in a UDF,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

sorry it was not clear.

Italian time is standard time of our SAP system, I believe that is taken from user settings, in this case from user XIUSER that is set in common XI receiver.

Fabio