cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there experts!

I've search the scn and I'm still wondering if the following could be done... Now, we've got some SAP webservices that are called from .NET to process some information. I've been asked if we could place XI in between, in order to have a more efficient monitoring of those Web Services. The thing is that the Web Services would still be hosted at SAP R3, and somehow .NET should call XI and XI then call those services. Is it that possible? has anyone have any link on how to do that? I'm quite comfortable on JDBC, Idocs and EDI things in XI, but I've never managed any Web Service through it. Any help would be welcome!!

Thanks a lot in advace!

Cheers,

Edu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This shouldn't be difficult.. Though I haven't tried..but you can follow the below approach..

Scenario will be SOAP - SOAP..

You need to import the WSDL in PI and have to configure the scenario with SOAP as receiver where the end point will be of R3..

From PI you need to generate WSDL(where wsdl will have endpoint have PI) and have to provide it to .Net team..will pass the request then to PI..

Refer SDN for SOAP Scenarios for more info..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yep, it shouldn't be difficult... thing is, that I don't know where to point from PI to WebService... chall I point to the RFC that was converted to webservice? to the URL of the actual webservice?

cheers,

Edu

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can poitn to the webservice that is hosted on ecc using soap receiver adapter. Basically soap reciever adapter is used to consume the web service. In your case host the websevice in R3 and consume it using soap receiver adapter in PI.  Again you can host as previous expert pointed host a web service in PI using soap sender. This way you can let the .net system to call your soap sender webservice which in turn call the R3 webservice via soap receiver.  This is pretty standard to route the interface via PI.   You need to search SCN for soap receiver and soap sender configuration.

Soap sender: You host web service and give wsdl to the .net system

soap receiver:  Use the wsdl that is generated from ECC in the soap receiver.

ref:

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/113/

also search sap help link for soap sender and receiver.

Note: You can also create interface directly without pi letting .net system to call ecc webservice. The main cons is you will lose middleware features such as monitoring , administering webservice etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also point to the RFC from PI if you wanted to Eduardo. That will work too.

So it will be sender SOAP and RFC receiver. You can then provide the .NET developer/s with the sender WSDL.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try and post my (foreseeable) doubts!

cheers,

Edu