cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy messages of all ECC clients visible in sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a situation where we use multilple clients on one ECC instance. All clients receive asynchronous ABAP proxy messages via SAP PI. When we do a search in sxmb_moni on the messages, all messages of all clients are displayed (based on the message filter). Is it possbile to configure that the messages of other ECC clients are not displayed? So when you do a message search on a ECC client, only the messages of that ECC client are displayed?

kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not apart from selection criteria or maybe authorizations (but auth I did not check)

BTW

for auth have a look at my blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/01/02/xi-sxmbmoni--controlling-access-t...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

We are in the situation that users of one ECC client are not allowed to see the messages of other ECC clients. Authorisations are an interesting option, but that would require more research, It could provide a solution, but probably it's quite difficult en skilled to support. I think faults are made easily.

I think another option could be building a new custom transaction where a user can only select the messages of the currrent client. In het standard sxmb_moni / sxi_monitor transaction it is possible to define the client in the second tab. If that selection criteria is removed and will be filled automatically in the search query with the current client, the information should also be secured. Then the user doesn't have the opportunity to select messages of other clients.

What do you think about this option?

kind regards,

Mark

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can go any of the both ways  

I'd try with authorizations as usually there is a person who can solve it and it's not always the case with a developer but it's your call

anyway - you should give you users access to FEH/ECH transactions only - or AIF if you use it (for monitoring proxies with errors only) and not to SXI_MONITOR as this is for technical people only...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (0)