cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Discount Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

In cash discount process,we do some settings at company code level for calculating the cash discount before or after vat tax.

But in my requirement,this cash discount calculation is varying based on regions in single company code itself.

ie for example chennai and mumbai region sytem needs to calculate the cash discount first then tax,,,all other regions tax first then cash discount,,,

Is it possible to configure,,,if yes means how???? or we need any customization for that,,,,yes means wat to do in customization,...

Kindly give some inputs ,,,it would be helful for me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be aware there are standard condition types which calculate cash discount either before tax or after tax but since your requirement is to calculate based on Region, you will have to try with some exit like USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP in the program MV45AFZZ

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Thank u for ur timely reply.I know the condition types SKTO and SKTV.

And also i know to configure that.But that are all in company code level only.

My requirement is region level.

And ur answer according to the userexit,i will try and update u.But before that,,will u little more elobrate that how to do,,,and wat to do,,will u please share any supporting documents

Thanks in advance

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to develop a zee table where you can have the following fields

Region               Cash Discount before tax               Cash Discount after tax

From T005S, as and when any new regions are created, you can update this table for region and users have to check the relevant box.  Once this is done, as I said already, with the help of some exit, you will have to validate this zee table and accordingly, value should populate.  Discuss this logic with your ABAPer who can do the coding accordingly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati

Thank u for your explanation.I will discuss this with my ABAP er and update this thread with solution.

Thanks a lot

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your Cash Discount will be based on Condition Reocrd & so it will also have a Access Sequence.

Now instead of one Condition for Cash Discount, you insert Two Cash Discount Conditions in your Pricing Procedure one before Tax & another after Tax. 

Now you need to insert Customer Region (Feild - REGIO) in the Access Sequence & maintain the Condition Records accordingly.

Thus based on Customer Region, system will determine the required Condition (either before Tax or after Tax).

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh

There are two types of Condition type in Standard. (SKTO and SKTV.) Both of them do not have any Access sequence .

Cash discount always calculated based on Payment terms which is defined by FI Consultant through  OBB8 .While creating Customer Master data we maintain the payment terms which flows till invoice .

Coming back to Cash Discount based on region I have had similar requirement in my previous implementation .  I had to do the Z for the Cash Discount Calculation including maintaining a Z holiday calendar so that actual payment date can be calculated.

I maintained a Ztable which had the following fields.

Table -1

Sales Org  Division  Region  Tax After Before Discount        Tax After Discount

Table-2

Parameters for the Cash Discount

payment type:-          Days                Rate  

Cheque,Cash,DD         Day 1               4%

Day 5               3

Day 10              1

Please Discuss with your abaper to Calculate the Payment received date on FIFO basis even for partial cleared invoices. Table BSID and BSAD will be the key to calculate the payment received date ,partially cleared invoice ,Instrument type of payment (In case you have discount on only Cash Payment not on DD or Cheque payment )

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sapsd2490

Thank you for your detailed explanation..I understood the process wat u did.It is almost like my requirement.

Will you explain the technical things wat an abaper did in that project to achieve that.

Here in my requirement the credit management is also there..

Please reply with some supporting documents if u have.It would be more helpful.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth

My Cash discount calculation was bit complicated because Client used to pass the Cash Discount in advance and if customer could not meetup the payment terms client used to send them the debit note for which is passed as Cash Discount .

In your case its straight forward Slabs Region wise.You should keep the following points

1. Maintaining /Identifying the key fields required for discount calculation.

( Payment Method,Sales Org, Division, Billing Document type on which discount is applicable,Rate Slabs)

2. All the above data you will get it from BSID, BSAD,VBRK,VBRP.

3.Your abaper has to able to track which clearing document has clear the RV document on what date with how much amount .Even for the partial payments.

This is really a tricky one as SAP does clearing on FIFO basis and you may find Open items in BSID even for advance payments.

4. This will give you date on which payment received. Exclude the day if you have holiday maintained in Holiday calender. Actually this what you want to calculate the discount .Please take the help of FI consultant to determine actual payment receipt date.

5.Once you have the payment date you can calculate the discount as per the rate slab maintained in another table .

6.Please speak to your FI consultant because you might have to run this discount only after clearing.

Hope this helps you.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see the article "Sales and Distribution Pricing" by Mukesh Bhageria in this link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5779

If you need additional fields for the sequence access, see SAP Note 531835 - Using field PSTYV in the condition access

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eduardo

Thank you for your reply,,But its not related to this discussion