SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete postings in return lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have observed incomplete postings in returns lot (transaction FP09). But there is no list shown for unposted items.further I have checked the table DFKKRP.

Here I found one line item which is different from others(Possible reason for the incomplete posting.) Below my findings are listed.

List from Transaction FP09:

Return lot key is closed.

And there is no list of unposted items. But its status is Postings incomplete. Means status in table DFKKRK is 3.

So when I have checked the table DFKKRP for the given return lot. I have found that one of the lines has

• ·         “Amount in alternative currency “is 0.00.
  • ·         Foreign currency field is empty.
  • ·         Payment document field is empty.(But the payment doc present in return lot list from transaction FP09)
  • ·         Status marker empty.

This line may be the reason for incomplete postings.

·         But I am not sure, why the postings are incomplete?

·         And not shown in unposted list from transaction FP09?

·         And what may be solution to correct this scenario?

Thanks and Regards,

Jasvinder Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasvinder,

There can be multiple reasons for incomplete posting status is Return lot.

The most common reason is the payment document no. for which the return has happened has already been reversed already before the return actually has happened. This can be due to some error, as standard SAP in this scenario could not find any item to reverse and hence the incomplete postings results.

Other reasons can be the related to missing configuartions like "No tax code specified although "Charge included tax" is active"

I would recommend you to click on the display icon of the return lot thur FP09.

On the next screen, if the lot contains any incorrect items, you will get the following-

(a) A status "Reworking necessary" just beside the lot ID

(b) An incorrect Items button

(c) Message in the status bar why its incorrect,.

Hope it helps in solving your issue.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasvinder,

There can be multiple reasons for incomplete posting status is Return lot.

The most common reason is the payment document no. for which the return has happened has already been reversed already before the return actually has happened. This can be due to some error, as standard SAP in this scenario could not find any item to reverse and hence the incomplete postings results.

Other reasons can be the related to missing configuartions like "No tax code specified although "Charge included tax" is active"

I would recommend you to click on the display icon of the return lot thur FP09.

On the next screen, if the lot contains any incorrect items, you will get the following-

(a) A status "Reworking necessary" just beside the lot ID

(b) An incorrect Items button

(c) Message in the status bar why its incorrect,.

Hope it helps in solving your issue.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I have found

a) Reworking necessary

b) Incorrect item button.

But there is no message on status bar.

Thanks and Regards,

Jasvinder Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anybody tell me what action I should take to correct this incomplete posting?

Thanks and Reagdrs,

Jasvinder Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can somebody tell me what actions should I take to close incomplete postings during returns lot?

Thanks and Regards,

Jasvinder Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Jasvinder,

You have to first find the incorrect entries and then find the cause for them, rectify them and then re-process the return lot,

If you are not getting the message in the status bar, then go to table DFKKRPE. This table basically store the error message for return items

Give the return lot and find out the message ID and message number for the error.

Then go to SE91 to find out the description of the error and then may be rectifying it.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I have found the one incorrect entry in the return lot. In table DFKKRP the field payment doc number is not present. This might be teh cause for it.

Can you please tell me the process to correct it.

Thanks,

Jasvinder Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Jasvinder,

If there is no payment document no.(Selection Value) present for a particular line item, then ideally the system would not allow you to post that retrun lot.

However, if you are posting it through batch job, then its processing the return lot but not posting the lot completely.

So, in your scenario, if there is such item with no payment document no, then it would have gone to the return clarification worklist.

Go to transaction FPCRL and give the return lot and execute.

You will be able to find the item.

Once you get that, select and click on clarify.

In there, you will have to give the payment document no and then post it.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan