Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP and Servlet compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

SAP IPC Server 4.0

SAP IPC Web Applications 4.0 on SAP Web AS Java.

The SAP IPC Server can be installed on SAP Web AS 6.40 with JDK 1.4.

According to the docs on SMP, the Web Applications can only be installed on Win2000 with JDK 1.3.

I want to install the IPC and Web apps on an existing Web AS 6.40 with JDK 1.4.

Not possible .... maybe.

The detail spec for the IPC Web Apps requires JSP 1.1 and Java Servlet 2.2 compatible engine.

So my question is, is the Web AS 6.40 with J2EE (SR1 version) provide a compatible environment for the JSP and servelet specs?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One important item to note - there are two versions of the IPC Web Applications. One runs on 1.3 JDK and cannot run on 640 Web AS, the other runs on the 1.4 JDK and CAN be installed on a 640 WebAS.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

You gotta dig deep

The IPC info is fairly well hidden in the /pam under the CRM listing and then on one of the tabs (I think OS or Java).

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

First off, you should consult the /PAM for official supportability statements. The 640 Web AS supports JSP 1.2 and Servlet 2.3 specifications and according to the PAM there is an IPC Web Application 640 that runs on the 1.4 JDKs. I suppose by the name it runs on the 640 Web AS as well

So yes, the Web AS is a fine environment for serving jsp or servlets. I wouldn't try to run the IPC Web Applications on it though as that is not supported.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas,

however I cannot find anything on /pam that relates to the SAP IPC and SAP IPC web applications. Can you let me know where you found it? thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

I think I found the solution. The most recent installation guide for "Java Components for SAP CRM 4.0 SR1" makes no direct reference to the version of the JDK required. However, one of the pre-requisites is the J2EE 6.40 SP6 or higher. We will have SP9 (10,11 or maybe 12 by then) which itself requires JDK 1.4, so it looks like we can install Web AS 6.40, IPC, and IPC Web apps all on one server.