cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways through which a Standard SAP Web Service could be found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii All,

I got a task where I have to implement the task using Standard Web Services provided by SAP. I tried to search using SPROXY T-code but couldn't get the exact match.

I also came across ES Workplace but couldn't locate there as well.

I want to know more ways of searching Standard Web Services. If there is any document, please do share.

Thanks,

Manish Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Are you a functional person or a PI person? Usually a functional person advises on the correct service to use.

If you are not functional then you would need to understand the business requirement and to which SAP solution it applies (e.g. ECC, MM SD etc.). Once you have that, you go to the ES Workplace and start digging...Through the various use cases (and descriptions) until you arrive at the correct enterprise service to use. You can even test the service through the ES Workplace to see if it is indeed the one you are looking for.

Once you have that, check the service's release version and last shipped version (Software component versions) & compare it against what you have in your SAP Landscape (software version). It may be that you are on the right version. Then you can locate the service in SPROXY (using the right software component version) & use it.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I am a Technical consultant but I am having sound knowledge of the actual Business Process happening and even the location in ES Workplace where to exactly find my requirement. But I don't know how to test the same at ES Workplace.

Can you please share some knowledge on how to test it. An appropriate link or document would be very handful. My mail ID is manish.verma217@gmail.com.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Manish Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

SOA Made easy with SAP Document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-17416

See the Understand & Test section.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos