cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PCo 2.2 Licenses vs Multiple Environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the recommended way to generate licenses to SAP PCo 2.2 in multiple environments (DEV, QAS, PRD)? SAP PCo 2.2 is installed by default with SID = PCO. Considering that, it is not possible to add more than one system to an installation (because of same SID and required different system types).

Is it possible to change the SID from SAP PCo?

Should we create more than one installation, one for each environment and add one system to each?

Should we use just one PCo for multiple environments with production system type?

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Unfortunately, in the 2.2 release it is not possible to change the SID, though this feature will be available in PCo 2.3 which is in development phase now and thus has not been released to customers yet.

The instance of PCo is licensed for SID + hardware key. If you have different hardware keys, you can have all those instances under the same SID.

So, you should request license keys for SID = "PCO" but wuth different hardware keys.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I do understand what you said but there is still one doubt left. If we use same SID with different hardware keys, there can only be one System Type. In other words, every environment (DEV, QAS, PRD) will have the same System Type. So which System Type should we choose? Production System for all of them? Test System for all of them?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

David,

I guess this is up to you. At least I have not heard about critical importance of this choice.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)