cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide the Adobe list box for SAP HCM if Initiator is HRIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to hide the list box in the Adobe ORG change form, when the Initiator   or the approver is HRIS.  The secenario steps in my HCM process are like EMPL_REQUEST, RECV_MGR, HRG_IN and EXPERT_MODE. I did check in the debug mode if the HRIS initiates the process still the scenario step is EMPL_REQUEST only. 

Do I have option to code in sAP to hide the list box depending upon role or should I do in ADOBE script only?

Thanks,

Bala.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Bala,

You can affect element appearance from SAP by creating an Alternative element in form context.

In your example, your alternative condition would be something like APPROVER_FIELD = 'HRIS' (note that I don't know what is your field name). Then, under TRUE option you put your field and leave FALSE empty (or put something else inside).

Make sure that whatever dynamic element you want to show or hide this way, you must put it inside TRUE and/or FALSE in context! If you do it in layout and not in context, you get strange results. This doesn't apply to static elements, such as rectangles or static texts - you can put them in alternative directly in layout.

Depending on the position where you put it, the alternative will act differently:

• BODY pages: If the field doesn't show (FALSE), you can make the other elements shrink and fill the space (provided that they are within another Flowed subform). If you want this, you should make all the resulting subforms within alternative as Flowed, Western Text and check the option: Layout -> Width -> Expand To Fit.
  • MASTER pages: If the field doesn't show (FALSE), there will be a hole left and there's no way to make other elements shrink, not even within Flowed subform (at least I couldn't find the way). Best you can do is to make subforms Positioned and overlap TRUE and FALSE options.

You can find more detailed example on using alternatives here, or you can check out what help.sap.com has to say on this subject.

After a lot of playing around with alternatives, I found them quite complex and difficult to handle. I believe that showing/hiding by form scripting is far better and easier solution.

KR,

Igor

Answers (0)