Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert triggered in ccBPM but dynamic text not appearing

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have created a ccBPM which has an exception branch.

The exception branch has a container operation, which assigns a value from a xml field to a simple variable.

the next step in the exception branch is a control step, which raises an alert.

The alert category has been defined with dynamic text.

When an exception arises in runtime, the exeception branch is being triggered, but the value in the simple variable is not showing up in the email.

I have used the &fieldValue& in the alert message. (fieldValue is the simple varaible.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is resolved after the scope of the container variable is changed from Block to Process.

Thanks all for trying to help me.

Best Regards,

Ravi

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First - check simple variable after container operation. Is it filled?

Then check alert message. Send something another in alert text, some constant variable.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Yes, the simple variable is populated. I has checked the graphical workflow.

The alert message is a combination of dynamic values and static text. Only static text is coming through.

Best Regards,

Ravi

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you create ccBPM like here - http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-me...

?

Maybe also you need to create alert rule in rwb. check this http://scn.sap.com/thread/731900

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same scenario works fine for us but we are passing the dynamic value of standard context objects (Message id..) probably you can try checking by passing standard object values rather than the field values...

to know if there is a limitation or something missing in your config..

HTH

Rajesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

I have done exactly the same thing as described in the blog.

and as far as i know, we do not need alert rule for alerts from ccBPM.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Are your alerts from ccBPM or normal scenarios?

I have normal alerts getting triggered without issues, using standard context objects.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have ccBPM Alerts infact we have two alert categories one for Normal and other for ccBPM..

so if there is any failure in ccBPM steps..Alert category provided in ccBPM will get trigerred..

HTH

Rajesh