cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP RBA Location Determination - chain of stock transfers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to generate a chain of stock transfers via location determination within Rules based ATP?

For example, consider a chain of three warehouses A, B and C:

• Transportation lanes as A --> B --> C. There is no transportation lane A -->C
  • That is, direct stock transfers from A to C are not allowed. Stock transfers from A to C must go via B i.e. A--> B-->
  • Sales Orders are received at Warehouse C

The requirement is that when a sales order is received, if there is insuficient stock at C, then GATP looks at location B. When there is insufficient stock in B, it looks further to location A and then creates stock transfers as below:

• Stock transfer A --> B
  • Stock tranfer B -->C

Using location determination, I have been able to get stock transfers from locations A and B, but directly to C i.e. A-->C and B--> C, but not A-->B-->C.

Has anyone come across such a scenario? Any help would be welcome.

Regards,

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

RBATP does not create STOs in any situation. This can be done in SNP. If you are using CTM, it has this option to create STOs for movement of available stock between location based on t-lane priority.

Regards,

Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for your reply.

It is clear RBATP does not create stock transfer requisitions. In this instance, that is done by automtic conversion of ATP tree structures using PPDS (planning procedure 5).

RBATP does determine how these stock transfer requisitions would be created - the souce and target locations. This is where I am trying to achieve a two stage chain : A--> B-->C rather than A--> C and B-->C.

Regards,

Shrikr

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shrikar,

Can you explain this, if there is no Tlane between A and C then how the stock transfer is getting created.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

It is creating requisitions as below:

One requisition from B to C as expected, where the TLane also exist.

The other requisitions for A--> C transfer is created withonly the target as C, but no source location (because there is no A-->C TLane)

To summarise what I am trying to achieve,

I have lanes A-->B-->C with location C receiving sales orders. The business process is to confirm sales orders at C using stock as below:

1. Local stock at C. If that is not sufficient then

2. Use stock from location B using a B--> C stock transfer. If even this is not sufficient then

3. Use stock from location A using stock transfer from A to C via B i.e. two stock transfers, A-->B and then B-->C

I am looking at ideas for getting step 3 above to work.

Thanks,

Shrikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly same scenario here.. ( I am looking for an answer but seems it is not possible in standard)

in my case consolidation location scenario doesn't work . please check if it works for you.