cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW: Error concerning the logical path in Specify Files step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying on an ECC 6.0 EHP6 system to upload (open) POs from an existing SAP ERP system. Since I faced some complications in batch input recording method, I decided to go with the standard batch/direct input method.

I selected object 0085 (Purchase Order) and method 0001 (Purchase Order). The program that is used is RM06EEI0. I followed all the usual steps, but in the "Specify Files" step I get the message:

'****.lsmw.conv' does not exist; edit the logical path using transaction FILE

Being aware of both the FILE and SF01 transactions, I created the logical path and file (through the FILE transaction). However, after the modification, I get the message:

Logical file '****' is not assigned to physical file '****.lsmw.conv'

There is also the related SAP Note 753511 (Logical and physical path and file name in transaction LSMW) that refers to this case.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Click on specify file radio button>Legacy data-on the PC Front end

where input file location like C:\mydocument\desktop\test.txt

and give input in Name field: mydocument

in delimiter section > select Tabular

File structure section> tick on Field order matches source structure definition

File type: Record end marker(Text file)

then press enter key and other steps as same.

Second thing you said that you have used Batch input recording

after creation and recording finish , scroll the page below on recording and put a cursor unwanted field and remove unwanted input field.

I hope your problem will resolve. you can find the steps pdf on Google search try now.

Thanks

Sanjeet Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately your answer doesn't solve the problem, since I have already followed what you mentioned. As it can be figured out from my initial post, the problem occurs on the file for "Converted Data".

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let me just ask one question, as I had this problem a few years ago when I tried to load stock using the standard batch input.

Do you have authority problems?

As the note explains the paths can create itself from within LSMW.

Only if you are restricted to create paths, then you get into this trouble.

I had this issue in particular in the production system,

LSMW has to creae this path in any system, it could do it by its own in developement system, but after having moved this LSMW to production, where we were not allowed to create paths, I ran into this issue.

So if you are allowed to create paths, then we could focus on explaining how this is done,

but if you have these authority issues, then we would need to explain the process via the FILE transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't face any issues with authorizations, even though I have successfully created and run other LSMW projects on the same system. I have SAP_ALL and S_A.SYSTEM assigned on my user.

I would like to also mention that the file name that has been set, does not exceed the maximum length (limit) of 45 characters.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have authority for x-client customizing then you can directly type a name for logical path and file name

e.g. LSMWLOGPATH and LSMWLOGFILE, hit enter and LSMW will create the logical path and file name for you.and you dont need to do it with transaction FILE.

if you do it in FILE transaction, then follow the instruction of OSS Note 35992 - File name/directory for application archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned at my initial post, by manually setting a value for the Logical Path, I get the message:

'****' does not exist; edit the logical path using transaction FILE

Moreover, when I configure the logical path and logical file in FILE transaction (and change the physical file name) I get the message:

Logical file '****' is not assigned to physical file '****.lsmw.conv'

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share one more screen shot, or just write the info.

from transaction FILE, the info about Assignment logical file to physical path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried both with UNIX and WINDOWS NT syntax groups.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot just try the one or the other, you have to obtain info if your SAP is on a unix system or on windows NT.

where is the path? <FILENAME> is just the file name

I would expect a dedicated path for migrations, or the general path /usr/sap/<FILENAME>

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you try entering either other values, i.e. /usr/<SYSID>/<FILENAME> or /usr/<SYSID>/global/<FILENAME>, you get the message:

Logical path '****' does not point to physical directory''

However, you are probably lucky and by just deleting and re-creating all the records in FILE transaction (with different names for the logical path and logical file) solved my issue! I would like to make clear that I used again only "<FILENAME>" as the value for physical path.

Message was edited by: Athanasios Tsapanoglou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was stuck a few month ago but finally got resolve as you said. Thanks again for remembering us.

Thanks

Sanjeet

kurt_slater3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jurgen

I have been struggling with this exact issue this afternoon.  I have used LSMW before, but this is the first time I have encountered this particular issue.  I tried your suggestion to use LSMWLOGPATH and LSMWLOGFILE and it worked.

Many thanks for posting!

Regards

Kurt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.