cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Quality Notification Problems during Production (In-Process Inspection)

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to determine an error in SAP where the Quality Notification process is not correctly tracking the material defects coming directly from in-process inspections during production. To give you the background, we are using a custom time ticket entry screen called ZCO11N which takes multiple defect codes (reason for variance) and is supposed to create a quality notification in the background. This appends the operation status on the order with a QMDA (Quality Management Data) status and the problem will be captured in the QMIS reporting (specifically TCode: MCXX).

However, I have a number of problems with these background Quality Notifications including the system skipping it entirely or duplicating the defect. I have seen the system duplicate one single scrapped quantity up to 6 times on the same Notification number and they were all at different times and covering different days. I have been looking for some kind of common link between the lack of notifications or duplicates and it is not by material or work center. Please help if you have had any similar experiences.

Thank you,

Adam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivek_tembe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Adam

I am assuming that the notification is being created when you save ZCO11N

You can introduce tighter controls on the development as follows

1 - You can create Notification of type F3 (internal defect) and populate "Material", "Production order", "Plant", "Work center" fields

2 - Ensure in your development that you have only one notification per production order (by making program search QMEL table for production orders)  so that duplicate notifications can be avoided

Hope this helps

Regards

Vivek Tembe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you for the information, I am having the programmers check the code now to determine where some notifications might be missed. I appreciate the help and will look into making it a single notification per order. Right now the defects are being duplicated on the same notification, so we will have to do some kind of scan for total scrap quantities in each record in the QMEL table.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Better to check the notification type and its settings in configuration in QM secondly ask ur programmer to debug the same ZCO11N so that you may get exact position or querry where to hit the same.

Regards