cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Dump collector Keyfigure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure key-figure for ABAP Dump collector in Business Process Monitoring.I have maintained the Run Time Error Parameter as '*' for all the error's to be captured.

Because these are at  system level, i have them maintained at the Logical Component Level in Business Process Monitoring Set up.

The monitoring has been activated too.

There are dumps in the system at which these key figures have been maintained, let me know how and where can i see this data dumps being displayed?

I tried looking at Alert Inbox for the dump information could not find them.Help me with how to do reporting on this?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mownika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mownika

Basically Monitor under the logical component is for Business Process Analytics.

And ABAP Dump collector is not avaialble for BP Analytics, you can only use it for BPMon.

To configure the Monitor for BPMon, please configure the monitor under business process node.

Maybe you can create some dummy business process like system monitor and configure the

ABAP dump collector for that process.

But normally the collector is expected for specific transaction. So if you just want to monitor

the ALL system Dump, you can consider to use METRIC that is avaialble in Application Operation (Technical Operation  <Another SolMan scenario> that becomes avaailble in SolMan7.1).

PS. If your backedn system uses ST-A/PI P or N, there is SAP note 1745570 for performance improvement of data collector.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keiji, I created a seperate Business Process and was able to achieve the functionality.

Answers (0)