cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing x-forwarded-for response field

Former Member

Hi There,

I need to log the IP Addresses of our users, who are logging in to our Web Application.

For that, I read the response field ~remote_addr. We have a WebDispatcher running "in front" of our WebAS (6.20). Because of that, the logged IP Address of every logged in user is the IP Address of our WebDisp.

So I tried to read the field ~x-forwarded-for. But this is a unkown field in the response object. I read, for this response field you have to activate the profile parameter wdisp/add_xforwardedfor_header. This parameter is imported with the ICM Patch Collection (Note 508300, PatchCollection XX). Although this patch collection has been installed on our system, the parameter is unkown.

Our PatchLevel is 1945. WebAS 6.20

Can someone give me a hint, how to get the ~x-forwarded-for header field into our ICM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

The Basis / Platform forum might provide a more accurate answer for you....

Where are you looking for this paramater, Web AS ICM? It appears as though it needs to be changed in the WebDispatcher profile and a re-start of the WebDispatcher is required:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/48/877df50e3f2722e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

thanks for your reply. You are correct. My fault was to think the parameter has to be declarated in the SAP Profile, but it has to be activated in the WebDisp Profile.

Anyway, i activated the parameter but the WebDisp is not adding the x-forwarded-for field. When doing

request->get_header_fields( changing fields = test ) to get an table view of the given parameters, the x-forwarded-for is still not there...

But I will specify my question in the basis forum...

Thanks

N.

Answers (0)