Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users sould not be able to log in to the system on a Public Holiday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can set the holidays by activating factory calandar.How do we prevent users from not logging to the system on a public holiday or on Sunday(s)?

Is there any standard solution available or we need to do a manual locking/unlocking users before public holiday(s)/Sunday(s).

Regards,

OD

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

There is no other way except lock /inlock users to prevent for logging into the system. Only what you can do , that you can schedule the job for locking and unlocking the users on a particular time or day so that at that time they would nto be able to login into the system.

Thanks

Varun Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Why do you need to do this please?

Seems a 'daft' requirement...or is this an interview question.

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

Hello David,

This is needed in case of banking requirement. Per the bank users should not do the transaction on holidays. I do not have exposure on the SAP banking module, hence trying to check if there is any standard solution like this is available. I got to know that in other banking software like flex cube this solution is available.

KR,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

There isn't a standard solution and, as David has said, I seriously question the need for this.

1. What is the risk that you are trying to mitigate?

2. What other controls have you evaluated before coming to this conclusion?

0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

As I mentioned in my response to David, this is required as a part of banking solution. Legacy system has this solution and we are looking if this is possible via Standard solution in SAP or not. If not in that case we will do the manual way of locking and unlocking users and to reduce the manual effort we can have a job scheduled.

KR,

Deepak

0 Kudos

I would suggest to investigate in a different direction. I have worked a lot at banks in the past and know some of the typical requirements. I think you need to distinguish between system and posting date. It usually is fine to log in on a Sunday or holiday and do postings as long as the system forces you to choose a valid posting date, such as the following workday.

Dependent processes like interfaces would also need to access the data by posting date.

Thomas

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the logon user exit for such cases. Simply activate it on the required dates and users can  get logged off immediately. SAP note 37724 provides more information. Its advisable, that (some) admins are excluded from that logoff then...

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

The problem with that exit is that it is the SAPGUI logon exit. It will not stop users who are still logged on nor those coming in from (trusted) RFC calls, webservices / BSPs, Portal apps with logon tickets, Java stack, background jobs, etc.

Besides, if the user changes their logon language then the license popup appears first. That is running before the exit but after the logon completion - so they can simply open a new session from there and leave the exit hanging...

More robust solution IMO is to segregate the client and the server network and then simply block the client network at the switches / routers for the time period of the maintenance window. Internal admins and jobs are undisturbed by this.

Cheers,

Julius