cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Word cannot start the converter mswrd632

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have developed a customer program to create DMS records with file attachements.

When i open a file attachment in the MS format docx (and xlsx) i got the MS warning:

"MS Word cannot start the converter mswrd632" when i press OK 3 times the MS Word document opens OK.

But can't I get rid of this annoying MS Warning?

Ps. (No such MS Warning pops up when using standard DMS client file Check-in funtion).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Kim,

if you use Office 2007 or a higher version then please made sure that the flag 'You cannot rename....' is set for the affected workstation application in transaction DC30. This flag will ensure that the extension DOCX is used instead of DOC.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph

It didn't removed the annoying MS Warning with a flag in  'You cannot rename....'.

My Suffix in DC30 is 'doc' (unless it is Office 2007) and my File format is:  *.doc,*.docx

Without Suffix 'doc' DMS do not open the checked in Word-2007 file.

The annoying MS warning only pops up for Word-files checked in with FM 'CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN' in customer program.

Best regards

Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph

For Excel it was suffient to flag "Do not rename" in DC30 then the approciate MS Excel appl version is automatically and correctly selected by my workstation when opening the file content.

For Word I also have to put in a '*' in the application Suffix input field. Then the appropriate MS Word appl version is also automatically selected by my workstation when opening the file content.

I now face no more annoying MS Warning popups when displaying MS file attachment in DMS.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Kim

Answers (0)