cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAMANAGER transaction problem (logical ports)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two questions about the SOAMANAGER transaction. I've created several webservice proxy classes and now I want to define the logical ports.

While I was creating the logical ports I often received this error:

E:SRT_WSP:692 ZBP_IBI_CO_WS_BJ0IS00 remoteInvoke http://www.getgamma.com/webservices/javaclass/BJI3

The first logical port went OK. Then when I went to another class to create the logical port, I got that error. I had to restart SOAMANAGER (refresh my browser) to create the new logical ports. One logical port created, one error taken on the next port, one browser refresh. And so on.

Does anyone know why am I getting this error?

I want to set a connection timeout for the ports that I've defined.

Is the property Inactivity timeout in the Messaging tab the right setting?

Unfortunately I cannot test that because whenever I edit the property and click on "Save", I get the same error

E:SRT_WSP:692 ZBP_IBI_CO_WS_BJ0IS00 remoteInvoke http://www.getgamma.com/webservices/javaclass/BJI3

I hope this is the right forum to call for help. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Pietro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

Check se91 for the message you get: message class SRT_WSP and message number 692. It should give you more details on the purpose for this error.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

message 692 doesn't exist in SRT_WSP. The last one is message number 691!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I've found the message in another SAP installation.

DT object '&1': Operation '&2' not found [NS: '&3']

but I'm still clueless about it...

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the complete error message as it should be displayed is:

DT object 'ZBP_IBI_CO_WS_BJ0IS00': Operation 'remoteInvoke' not found [NS: 'http://www.getgamma.com/webservices/javaclass/BJI3']

Thus, make sure you provided the right operation name when executing the web service. You might also try reimporting the web service definition, just to make sure it is up to date.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

thank you for your help.

I've created the web service proxy client just yesterday.

The weird thing is that I'm not trying to execute the webservice, but I'm simply trying to change the configuration parameters.

I've debugged C_SRT_WS_ADMIN (the SOAMANAGER transaction's WDA) and this is the part of code that fails:

lt_oper_binding = lr_binding->get_operations( ).

loop at lt_oper_binding assigning <ls_oper_binding>.
         <ls_oper_binding>->delete_all_property_lists( ).
         <ls_oper_binding>->create_property_list( ).
       endloop.
       lt_curr_property = wd_this->get_oper_binding_properties( ).
       loop at lt_curr_property assigning <ls_ui_property> where operation_name is not initial.
         lr_oper_binding = lr_binding->get_operation_by_name( <ls_ui_property>-operation_name ).
         if lr_oper_binding is initial.
           lr_dt_object = lr_config_controller->get_current_dt_object( ).
           wd_this->display_message( pi_msg_type = cl_srt_text_assistance=>co_msg_type_error pi_msg_no = '692' pi_msg_v1 = lr_dt_object->name pi_msg_v2 = <ls_ui_property>-operation_name-name pi_msg_v3 = <ls_ui_property>-operation_name-namespace ).
           return.
         endif.

the get_operation_by_name returns nothing.

lt_childs[] = me->if_srt_wsp_subject~get_childs( ).

LOOP AT lt_childs INTO l_child WHERE table_line->type EQ if_srt_wsp_subject~co_type_binding_op
                                    AND table_line->name EQ name.
     binding_operation ?= l_child.
     EXIT.
   ENDLOOP.

The first time (post browser refresh) that loop is executed it goes well (but the modified property is not saved), then the following times it fails and the WDA returns the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done a little more debugging.

It seems that after the first "Save", that is apparently executed successfully (but that's not actually true because the Inactivity Timeout setting is not saved), SOAMANAGER's webdynpro always tries to see if the first class' operation exists in subsequent "Save"s.

For example:

- Select class ZWS_A, logical port LP

- Change the Inactivity timeout setting

- Save the changes

- SOAMANAGER responds with a success message

- Select class ZWS_B, logical port LP

- Change the Inactivity timeout setting

- Save the changes

- SOAMANAGER tries to see if ZWS_B has the ZWS_A's class operation (operation name and namespace), the check fails and the error message is returned.

I'm clueless because it seems really a SOAMANAGER bug.

Can someone give me an hint?

I've tried looking for the error message on the internet but I can't find anything.

Thank you,

Pietro

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pietro,

I agree that it looks like a bug in SAP standard. Therefore, try searching for notes for this topic. For instance, have a look at this one:

Note 1467311 - Changing a Web service configuration fails

and the notes related to it ("Related Notes" at the bottom of the note description).

If this one doesn't match and you don't find any relevant one, try raising an OSS ticket for this, and describe your findings so far.

Regards,

Greg

Answers (0)