cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Macro Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Looking for some guidance on creation of a Macro that can be executed manually by certain people.  The requirement is this.

Our Account Managers have a Planning Workbook in DP into which they enter their sales forecasts.  The Planning Book is designed such that current period and next period are blocked for entry.  i.e. They can start entering forecast data for current period +2 and further.  This restriction is done in the Design of the planning book.  Our issue is that after a certain number of days into the new month  (Not always the same date) we do not want to allow the account managers to enter any data for the first open period.  i.e.  Planning book should then only allow entry for current period+3.  The reason for this, is that after a certain time frame in the new month we have already acted upon the account manager input and so any changes they make after this date will not be considered in any consensus meetings, or subsequent forecast accuracy reporting.  So in general my question is this.  Is there a Macro Function that allow the changing of the offset in a planning workbook that we could then allow Demand planners to run as a background job on demand.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schandna
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can use the function ROW_INPUT() along with the Date Function DATE() or FISCAL_BDATE() in a default macro so that the row is grayed out in a certain time frame of the month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanchit.  I was able to get the desired effect.

Answers (0)