Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer moves to new company code

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Really need you help here.

We have to move all our customer in company code X to company code Y. The new company code Y is linked to the old sales organisation. So now  company code X is not linked to any sales organisation.

If i create a  new customer in company code Y, ordre, delivery and billing looks ok.

But If I create a customer in Y which is also created in the old company code Y, the update is terminated when I try and make goods issue, and I can see this is SM21:

The transaction has been terminated.  This may be caused by a
termination message from the application (MESSAGE Axxx) or by an
error detected by the SAP System due to which it makes no sense to
proceed with the transaction.  The actual reason for the termination
is indicated by the T100 message and the parameters.

Additional documentation for message OL                  818

Exception '&' is not defined for method '&' object type '&'

No documentation exists for message OL818

I have tried to delete old ordres, make sure the customer balance is zero, blocked the customer in the old company code. But nothing seems to work.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing.

Thanks and best regards

Pernille

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pernille ,

Is it happening just with one customer or with all the customers which are there in both company code x and y.

Regards

Vinu

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

I found out that the problem would be solved by creating the new customer in FD01 instead of XD01.

Strange - but it works.

Thanks for all your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pernille,

FD01 we create FI related Customers...not Sales related...here we only extend to company code...please check and confirm if you can create Sales Documents for this customer without extending to Sales Area and Sales Org not assigned to Company Code.

If you please check and confirm the forum.

Regards,

Deb

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deb,

My issue is Sales related, but as the customer is already created in the sales org (in the old company code) the link works as the old sales org is linked to the new company code in TVKO.

Best regards

Pernille

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pernille,

Thanks for your reply. But one more question is the system allowing you to create Sales Document for the Old Sales Org. without assigning to the New Company Code. That means you are creating Sales Documents for Old SALES AREA for New Company Code AS WELL AS Old Sales Area in OLD COMPANY CODE...Could you please clarify...As per my understanding table TVKO will allow only One to One assignments and not One to Many assignments. I thoought we can have only  one Company Code for a Sales Organisation...

If you could please update the forum, of your config changes in TVKO.

Regards,

Deb

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

I have only one assignment  in TVKO and that is the old sales org linked to the new comany code.

All new orders being created in the system will be created in the new company code.

The old company code should no longer be linked to a sales org. Should only be used for FI postings.

The old orders that have allready been created in the system, can be delivered and billed in the old company code, but you cannot create new orders in the old company code.

Hope it answers your question.

Best regards

Pernille

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pernille,

Thanks for your clarification. I think it is the same thing if we assign the Old S.Org to New Company code in TVKO and create customers in XD01.  Anyways its good that you have tried an alternate way, from an FI T.Code.

1. But in certain places SD Consutant will not have authorisations to FI T.Codes, where this process might be an issue (as I have faced in most of my exposures).

2.Secondly, ONLY IF everything remains same per say the determination theories dependent upon Cutomer Master then only we can make use of this route.

Anyways thanks again for prompt replies and doubt clarifications.

Regards,

Deb

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The actual reason for the termination is indicated by the T100 message and the parameters.

Did you check this message in the message table for reason? Are you working in IS package?

Regards,

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

We are not on IS package and the message table do not help us.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But If I create a customer in Y which is also created in the old company code Y

Sorry not clear in your above statement.  Hope this was a typographical error and if I am correct, you were trying to create a customer master in company code Y the sales area of which was already there in company code X.  If this is what your issue is, then first try to create a new sales organisation and assign it to this new company code. 

The new company code Y is linked to the old sales organisation

Yes system will give issue what you are facing if you have not unassigned this.  Remove this assignment and as said above, both the sales area and company code should be new; only then, system will allow to create.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

What I meant was:

But If I create a customer in Y which is also created in the old company code X.

We have done this movement before from one company to another, using the same sales org and customer numbers. But that was in the good old 4.6C days. I do not know if it is possible in ERP 6.0.

Creating a new sales organisation is not an option.