cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger the second interface automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the below scenario.

Scenario1: IDOC to SOAP - I have to pass the IDOC datas to common structure.

Scenario2 : SOAP to SOAP - From common structure to Third party using SOAP Adapter.

Actually, I can achieve the above scenario using multi level mapping in Operation mapping, but Scenario2 should be accessible for other Applications as well.

So, we would like to go ahead with the above scenarios.

Do we need to use BPM for the above approach?

If so, could you please tell me, how to pass the first scenarios output to Scenario2's input.

Please share your suggestions.

Thanks

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why not use 2 operation mappings?

the first will be from the IDOC to the third party structure (using both message mappings).

the other will be from the common structure to the third party structure (using only the last message mapping).

I wouldn't use BPM if it is not really needed...

Also - in this case you have 2 different structure to trigger the interface - so I don't think BPM will do much good...

I recommend using 2 different scenarios with 2 different operation mappings. just reuse the message mapping and service interface of the third party (also reuse the receiver agreement and communication channel in the IBC).

Good luck,

Imanuel Rahamim.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable responses. Client is not agreeing for File adapter, that is the reason we decided this approach. I will try with Anupam's suggestion.

Thanks

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Addition to the above you can also think of implementing in the below way rather than using BPM.

1. IDoc - Soap & File ( Store the target xml in file using file adapter..)

2. File  - Soap ( Schedule the file adapter and send the message to target system..)

HTH

Rajesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is no dependency on both interfaces then Imanuel Rahamim solution is right way implement otherwise try Anupam solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think she needs the "send step1 (SOAP)" in the first BPM...

and even if she did - why can't this be implemented with 2 simple scenarios?

for the SOAP to SOAP scenario she can use system A -> system B

and expose the scenario via web service request. that way each of her "other Applications" can identify itself as system A.

for the scenarios combined she can do the following split message:

system C (IDOC sender) -> SYSTEM D (instead of the send step1 in the 1st BPM)

-> SYSTEM B (using 2 message mappings)

unless she is to receive some sort of response from system D and then use the data in it before she sends the request to SYSTEM B - a BPM is not really needed...

is that what you meant when you said "If there is no dependency on both interfaces"?

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

BPM is standard solution to this problem. Here is how it looks

1. BPM1

idoc--->receive step--->transformation1(idoc to common structure) ----->send step1 (SOAP)-----> Transformation step2(common structure to BPM2)------->send step2(to BPM2).

2. BPM2

receive step  -----> transformation step ----> send step (to SOAP).

In this case BPM2 can be used independently for other scenarios.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

You can achieve this by using BPM.

Thanks,

Shree