SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Posting FPE1 in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am working in a implementation project of SAP where FICA is used. i am getting a problem while doing transaction FPE1 i.e. manual posting. system is not picking division automatically while doing manual posting so as a result of that account determination is not picked. please tell me about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Manish:

Division can only be used when contracts are used - and is populated with contract-related postings.  If you are not using contracts in an industry solution, then you should not have division as part of your account determination.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manish.

division is account determination specifc assignment please chck you manual posting main and sub transaction assignment at EK02 level which is assigned to your combination or not..

0 Kudos

dear honey,

I had assigned division with every main and sub transaction in eko1 and ek02 but still i m facing this problem and when i am double clicking on the error it takes me to a screen where i have define division and then document is posted.

regards

Manish

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Manish:

Division can only be used when contracts are used - and is populated with contract-related postings.  If you are not using contracts in an industry solution, then you should not have division as part of your account determination.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Dear William

I understood your point on account determination. but how i will make postings in FPE1 now. i had tried by making a contract for manual posting but same problem occurs. please give me suggestion.

thanks in advance william

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Manish:

You cannot just make a contract.  It can only come from the IS to which it belongs.  You probably need to post without a division - and you need to maintain your account determination without division as well.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Dear William,

when i am entering data in ek01 and ek02 without entering division it is giving me following error:

Comp. code, division, and acct determ. key needed for billing transactns

Message no. EK259

Diagnosis

Company code and division must be used for maintaining the permissible billing transactions for each company code and division. The company code, division and account determination ID must be used for maintaining the account determination for billing transactions.

The same is true for transactions for the budget billing main transaction that are used for extrapolation in billing.

This affects all entries for the main transactions that are entered for the internal main transactions 0100, 0200, 0300 and 0050.

System Response

Processing is terminated.

Procedure

Correct your entries in the transaction table and in account determination.

Maintain allocation of billing transactions

Maintain transactions for billing

Maintain transactions for budget billing

after removing division from "maintain transactions for billing" it still giving me the same error

Please reply me

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Manish:

You need a contract and a division when doing billing.  Billing transactions cannot be posted using FPE1.  You need to step back and figure out what you are trying to do.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I agree with william, you cannot go for Manual posting for Billing transactions.there are some main and Sub transactions for Manual posting such as. 6000, 0060,0600.

suppose you are posting a document for other receivable Main Transaction (6000) in FPE1 then you can avoid division because it is not mandatory in this scenario.but if you want post a document for Billing then Document has to come from Billing and Invoicing.and here Division becomes mandatory

Hope you get it.

Thanks and Regards

Rehan

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can you please share a screen shot of what you are trying to enter in FPE1 transactions ?

if you want to post a miscellaneous charge on account of the customer with referec to contract  ( Company code 1000, ADID is RS (Residential), Contract E1 ( electricity).

First maintain main transaction(6000) and then sub transactions(0020).

Secondly maintain entry in table  table TE305 with C code 1000,  E1, main 6000 , sub 0020, debit indicator and then tick the box for manual posting allowerd, you can maintain two entries here one with division reference and the other without division reference, so it allows you post a transaction with or without division reference.

Mainitain the posting area R000 and R001 with the combinations respective to your ADID's.

In FPE1 you should be able to post a manual transaction by mentioning 1000, contracta account, contract, main 6000 , sub 0020 and amount.

Thanks,

Vikram