Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 14899 SUPApplicationError_UNKNOWN during registerApplication

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am developing native iOS and Android Apps that connect to my Sybase Unwired Server 2.1.3PL02 on my laptop. Some days ago 'something' must have happened because since then none of my applications worked any more.

I am working with user 'supAdmin'.

There are some threads on SCN about this issue but all these did not help me until now. I already deletedall apps and MBOs on my server and in the simulators and redeployed them but that did not helped.

Also in this nice overview I could not find a solution: http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2012/10/29/faqs-on-sup-odp

I guess I could reinstall my local SUP and it would work again. But what to do if this happen with a productive system? I would be happier if I could find a solution that is reproducable.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

oliver_kaluscha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

immediately I have 2 ideas:

1.) did you check if you did register to many devices? I get this issue from time to time if I do hit the number of registered devices. If I delete old devices I can go ahead like usual.

2.) just an idea, but perhaos your license was for 30days only and so.....

Both things would be solved be a new installation, that is the reason why I guess that could help.

Regards,

Oliver

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for your hints, Oliver.

The licences should not be a problem here. I am using a valid developer license for 20 users. I never used more than 3 of them.

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Now I reinstalled the local SUP server and everything works again

But that is not a solution for my problem, it is only a workaround that won't work in production environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark.

When you say you are working with user supAdmin, does that mean all apps register with this ID? I'm just trying to understand the context of what you mean by that phrase.

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Exactly. I am using my local development system and connect always with user supAdmin as it is also done in all tutorials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Let me see if I can get someone to look at this. I think you may want to use an alternate user rather than the platform admin. I assume, then, you're using the "admin" security configuration on a default domain as well for authentication?

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, I use indeed the admin security configuration. I will try to use different settings next time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

So one of my contacts has said that since you uninstalled and re-installed SUP we may never know the root cause of this error, since that former environment is now purged. I have another contact that may respond with more details, but as a general rule, try to avoid using supAdmin with "admin" on a default domain going forward. It's not likely to be the cause, but we recommend not using admin security config for application user auth. If something comes up from the other contact I'll be sure to post back.

I've contacted the tutorials writer to change any tutorials that include that in the content.

Cheers,

A.

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Annette,

thank you very much for following up on this. I will use other users in the future and hope that I do not see this error again 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're very welcome. Glad I could be of help.