cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensure Project cannot be linked to IM structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please can you share how one is able to ensure that certain projects cannot be linked to an IM structure?

Thus should not be allowed and should only be able to budget in CJ30.

Thanks;

Werner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is reason for the post.  In budget profile I have no "Program Type Budget", In Project Profile "Investment Profile" is blank.  Specefic budget profile is not assigned to program type.  Still I am able to link project to IM and distribute budget via IM32, IM52 and CJ30.  Any other suggestions?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you dont want to link WBS Element to IM program position, then simply hide  IM related fields like Investment program , position ID, etc., from the WBS Element. So, that user cannot add WBS Element manualy to the Investment program postion Or else you can set master data lock status to WBS Element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohamed, that will suffice nicely.  I will modify field selection based on project profile and hide when not relevant.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Above reasons are linking for IM-PS integration but let me know how your are saying both are linking while you have made required changes as suggest in above post.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removed Investment Profile and was still able to link to IM structure

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition, to what Gokul and Murthy have suggested check if there is any assignment of concerned budget profile to any program type in the following path:

SPRO> IM>Budgeting in program> Assign budget profile to program type.

If it is there, please remove it and let us know the results.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seperate budget profile is in place and field for "Program Type Budget" is blank.  Still able to link the project to the IM structure.  Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have maintained Investment Profile in the project profile. Remove it and then check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create separate Budget profile for those projects  you don't want to link to IM and assign this budget profile to Project profile. Ensure that do not mention "Program type budget" in budget profile. I think this will solve your issue.