cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GTS architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to SAP GTS, could anybody tell me architecture of SAP GTS.

I can see SAP GTS in R/3, still we need some portal system?

I understand feeder system as SAP R/3 , is it correct? if it is like that then why we need RFC connections for Feeder system and SAP GTS when SAP GTS is in R/3 itself.

Regards

Kamlakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

annmarie_cahill
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kamlakar,

Your assumption regarding the feeder system is correct, this can be a SAP ERP system, (R/3 or ECC releases)

There are 3 options to install GTS:

The following are the options to install GTS:
1. Separate systems for GTS and ECC (strongly recommended).
2. GTS runs on a different instance of the ECC instance in same box.
3. GTS runs in a different client in same box as that of ECC.

As it is evident, options 2 and 3 are not highly recommended by SAP for performance reasons, but it is also obvious those two options do not require additional hardware.

It is better to have a small, independent system for GTS than a big one shared with ECC. For starters, when GTS was built was meant to separate entirely the functions of the feeder and GTS systems. Installation of a plug-in is required eg sll_pi 900_604 in the feeder system, in order for the correct transfer of data across the rfc call from the feeder system to GTS(wheter it is on the same box or a different system to the feeder system).

Once you have obtained the relevant GTS license you should be able to access the GTS configuration guides which will provide you with the information and steps to configure the system. Please see note 963735.

FYI: Running GTS on the same client in the same box as that of ECC is not recommended or supported!

I hope this information helps you further.

Kind Regards

Ann Marie