cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding tax Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I made a down payment of 50000 to a vendor and deducted tds.  Than i received an invoice of 1lac.  Now, the errors are:-

1) The system is calculating tds on whole invoice instead of the balance amount. 

2) TDS challans are getting created of only TDS amount from the Down payment.

3) GL account of TDS payable only pays off and clears the TDS on Down payment and TDS on invoice is still open and payable.

4) In Tax Types i have selected Central Inv. Prop. than why the system is not adjusting the Down payment against the Invoice?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI KK,

Please check the FSV (field status variant for w/tax files).

also maintain the entires as per note no 640231 in table like

TRWPR, TRWCA, TRWCI.

Regards

Madhu M

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI KK,

Please check the FSV (field status variant for w/tax files).

also maintain the entires as per note no 640231 in table like

TRWPR, TRWCA, TRWCI.

Regards

Madhu M

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KK

Check out the Tax code whether it is mapped  with a WHT key or not. i f central invoicing is ticked system will reverse the TDS deducted against down Payment.  Check the WHT key against the Tax code.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member1009083
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two things responsible for this (a) is make sure  Central Invoice Prop is selected in payment withholding tax type & (b) Business Place & Section Code exists in both Down Payment & Invoice

As you are saying you have maintained both of these options.

Then check also the following:

Make sure payment withholding tax type & Payment Withholding Tax Code does not exist in the invoice line item

Regards

Diptadhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diptadhi,

All these criterias i have considered and are in place while posting the documents. 

Thanks,

Kamal

former_member1009083
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check that whether you have given Business Place & Section Code both at the time of Down payment & Invoice Processing. TDS will not be reversed if you do not give Business Place & Section Code.

Regards

Diptadhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, the entries are right.  I have taken B.place and S.code in both the entries. Dont know why its not reversing the TDS...Do we have to consider anything other than B.place & S.Code at the time of posting the invoice and Down Pmt.

former_member1009083
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While adjusting Down Payment against Invoice is the TDS amount deducted against Down Payment of 50000 is reversing?

If Down Payment with TDS is adjusted against the invoice , then the challan should update TDS deducted at the time of Invoice only

Regards

Diptadhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Diptadhi, It is not reversing.  TDS payable on Down payment is knocked off against the bank payment while issuing the challans BUT the TDS payable on Invoice (TDS is calculated on whole invoice, down payment tds is not adjusted) is still standing as Payable.  It is not been considered by the system while adjusting the down payment or while issuing challans.