cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Debit Memo from Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Need to Create Debit Memo from Invoice , But Only for reference of Billing Document .( For Tracking)

Need not copy the Item details like material or Item category .

What shall be VTFF settings , Plz let me know

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

Please fallow the given link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3209744

Please Go to T W Sir  views and explanation.

Hope this will help you to resolve the issue.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish

So in Service Invoice I will have different Material , & Item Category TAX where as the commercial Invoice from which I will create with reference , will have different material and item category . I need commercial Invoice only for reference VBRK-XBLNR field .

I DONOT NEED THE ITEMS TO BE COPIED FROM COMMERCIAL INVOICE TO DEBIT MEMO.

Regards

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

Use F-02 to put JV entry but this is not accepted much globally, and here you can but your reference number and make the entry.And via this you will have tracking number also and need to to have details like material or Item category . etc.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

What will be the business Flow in that case.

OR--DL--Invoice

With Refernce to Invoice ---Service Invoice..

Am I  Correct ?

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes this Flow is correct

OR--DL--Invoice

With Refernce to Invoice ---Service Invoice..

Am I  Correct ?

Regards..

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Any Answers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

it seems something is missing in business flow .I agree with you that you have planned to do one flow that is:-

OR-DL-Invoice (X)..till here I am fine.

I have  confusion in the next step. I  am  Confused with the flow as you say  With refernce to X Invoice  you will create the "Service Invoice"..

I  would request to exlain me ,how you will achive this?

""""Service Invoice I will have different Material , & Item Category TAX where as the commercial Invoice from which I will create with reference , will have different material and item category"""

Because you will not be able to add or remove matetail in the Invoice level transaction.At invoice level screen is frezzed except few fields you will not be able to add/chnage/remove anything. So at "service Invoice"  how you would achive different material & Item Category TAX..

I would rather sujjest go with the flow like .

with refernce to invoice ..Debit note Request -Service Debit note Invoice

please let me know if this flow suffice the need than in that case taking refence of Invoice would be easier.

Hope that helps.                   

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit ,

creating a billing document (Credit Memo) from another billing document(Invoice) is possible.

But you have mentioned that you don't want to copy the material, item category and the material in the credit memo and invoice will be different. why you want a different material number? what is the business impact if the same material is used?

Provide some information and the limitation you have in the process.

Regards

Vinu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Could you please explain in more detail about this Service invoice (business explanation)?

Is a service invoice created for every billing document?

Why don't you include a surchage for service in the sales order itself?

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

This is a standard process of SAP Debit memo configuration.

Just in VOV8 for your Debit memo request put "M" in the Reference Mandatory field.

Then it will always ask you for an Invoice reference.Just test and search some documents on the Debit memo process.

Hope this clears to you.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am talking about Creation of Debit memo from Invoice , Not Credit Memo request .

The scenario is that I need to Create a Service Invoice with reference to Commercial Invoice .

So in Service Invoice I will have different Material , & Item Category TAX where as the commercial Invoice from which I will create with reference , will have different material and item category . I need commercial Invoice only for reference VBRK-XBLNR field .

Hope its clear now.

Rohit