cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Abap web dynpro with Universal Worklist without using SAP workflow ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a custom workflow along with some ABAP Web Dynpro applications to handle the tasks.

Here is my questions - when we selected some line in UWL, Is there any way to tie with WD4A??

Moreover, I would like to know whether after we are going to create a task in WD4A and insert it into UWL

is it possible?

Regards,

K. Varut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK; I am not sure if you can use UWL for that though. You might create something similar to UWL using POWL. So, you create a POWL and then assign the actions to any WDA application you like.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Varut is trying to use UWL without workflow. If he has to register the task then he is using workflow, isn't he?

Varut, you might want to look at using POWLs instead of the UWL. You get a list similar to UWL that is not workflow-specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azzouni,

yes, you're right. Now, I'm trying to do it with POWLs

I think its going to solve my problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can  call webdynpro applications from the Workflows.

First goto SWFVMD1 and then add a task of OBN type and then clcik on the parameters button and enter the following details Object_Type, Operation and Wi_ID and save it .

Then goto Tcode PFCG ( Z role need to be created) and then goto Menu and in that there will be button TRANSACTION open it and from the list select the Webdynpro Application and the  enter the details:

Type                 Web Dynpro Application

Object               ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Text                  TEST Request

and click on Additional Activities and enter the below details:

Other Node Details:

Visibility  : invisible

Launch Application : Standard

Object Based Navigation:

Object types: Auswahl (DECISION)

Method: Process

and add a parameter WI_ID  extended, these will be availbale based on the task so no need to worry.

And then save the role and then assign this role to any user you want to use this task and when ever the used clicks on the configured task the webdynpro will be called.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I know that I can call webdynpro applications from the Workflows. But, I would like to know the way without using the "Workflows'

THanks for your kindly reply,

Varut

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Create a WDA iview .
  • Map WDA into  iview

Regards

Pavan

Message was edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Could you please specify more details because if my understanding is correct its the way

that we would like to map WDA with portal. But, how can I use it with UWL

Regard,

Varut

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are expecting that a application must be used in a UWL then you need to follow the below steps

1. First configure the standard task the Task-id in SWFVISU transaction.
  2. Then you need to re-register the standard task id the for the webflow connector.
  3. then you need to trigger the workflow and if the task reaches the right Agent then he should be able to access the application.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to link the task with the WDA application using transaction SWFVISU. Look it up in this forum and you'll find many posts about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Azzouni,

But, how can i get an Task ID without using SAP workflow ?

Or I've to manually config it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your question. If it is in the UWL, then it is in workflow inbox. How else do you envision creating a UWL task?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a customize using WDA which going to do sth like workflow did ex. getting the status, send some e-mails or tracking the job. But, not going to use the standard SAP workflow. Which i think that there is an other ways to connect from UWL -> WDA,,

anyway thanks for you help